Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Anovas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Anovas

One of my clients has a need for a sous vide type setup to manufacture some of their products. Problem is they need 3 of them in close proximity to do what they need to do.

Anybody have any experiences with multiple Anova devices? Can you identify them individually on a cell phone, or do they all look alike?

Or, should I recommend they use 3 different sous vide devices from 3 different manufacturers?

They're cooking vitamin products that will end up at Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.
    They also have lots of temperature sensors in their 3 plants and are the ones who introduced me to Thermoworks many years ago.

Best regards,
    Jim

Should be able to name them in the app. I know you can do that with Joule.

Comment

I only have one Joule, but the company claims you can control multiple Joules from one phone.

Comment

Wow, answers in almost real time. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
        Jim

Comment

Well, the community.anovaculinary.com web site suggests (by their designers) that the support for multiple Anovas from one device is not yet implemented. It's been on their "road map" all year, but not yet actually available. The most recent posts suggesting that it doesn't exist yet are one day old.

Best regards,
          Jim

Comment

Hmmm, seems they should be looking above regular consumer level sous vide machines.

Comment

It's an experiment.

Jim

Comment

if you are going to be there with the food being cooked, get the less expensive anova and just set them by hand. I might have considered a joule EXCEPT it REQUIRED a cell phone. I don't own one don't want one. so if I MUST have one to use something, I buy something else.

Comment

We have multiple Anovas BUT none of them are bluetooth or WiFi. I agree with Karon Adams in that if it needs a cell phone, I don't think so (though I do have an activity tracker that needs it, but knowing what that reading is is far less mission critical than the temp on my SV). You can still find them on eBay (where I got ours) and they're a higher output than the newer ones. You have to set and check on the device. If we want to remote monitor the temp, we use one of our temp probes and the probe's remote receiver.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here