Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova deal for Prime Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova deal for Prime Day

For any Amazon Prime members looking to pull the trigger on a new HTTM, the higher-end (Wifi, 900 watt) Anova is on sale today for $129 which is 70 buckarinos off the normal price. I'm not sure I've seen it for lower.

I'm fighting temptation to get a second circulator...

And wow, it looks like the bluetooth/800 watt one is only $99 for those who don't need the Wifi or extra wattage.

Comment

I got one of them. I've been watching for one for a while and couldn't pass this up. This is my first sous vide so I'm pretty excited to see what all the hype is about.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Be sure to talk to us!

• Jetski
        Jetski commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Excellent, congrats! Let us know how we can help. There are some smart cookies roaming these halls.

Comment

I'm joining the Sous Vide party myself. Should have mine on Thursday.

๐Ÿ˜„

Comment

I got a joule for my birthday just two days ago from my wife. Really cool device, but to me it does not seem to sync very well with Alexa but oh well. I am going to see how much I use this thing and decide if I really need more than one. I was very interested in the Anova since it has the controls on the device.

Comment

• TheGrizMan
            TheGrizMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Best chicken breasts I've ever made on the joule! Got mine for my birthday in March. I preferred the Joule because I have a 4 year old, by not having the controls on the device itself (like the Anova does), he can't mess with it!

• BriggsBBQ
            BriggsBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Never thought of that but when I do have kids that will be a plus for sure. So far I have only reheated stuff I had the the freezer which was bagged without seasoning. So looking forward to some pre-prepared frozen meals I can just throw in the hot tub.

EdF Jetski doctorak SWMBO jumped on amazon today and bout me an off brand type one. so i will give it a shot. Breadhead im coming to join you on this SV thing and all of the rest. I hope it works half as well as ya'alls does.

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            It'll work ... after all those things are basically just high temp aquarium heaters ... I predict you'll be having a blast with it in no time.

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            SV circulators are just a water heater with a fan. They are the ultimate low and slow cookers. Once you learn the theory and the dynamics of the cooking process... you will wonder where this device has been your whole life.

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep... my 1200 watt Gourmia was $70 bucks. It made one of the best choice briskets the other day that I have ever eaten. No bells and whistles... set temp.. set time.. walk away.

I think I will get a second one, then I can go really crazy with them! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had 3 going at the same time...๐Ÿ‘

The $129 deal is over...๐Ÿ˜ก

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it was, that's why SWMBO got the off brand. She was going to get a a joule a little bit ago. The thing is, it came with 6 new DR chairs. I told her to get the chairs first. So if this one works I'll keep,it and perhaps upgrade to a second one later as a primary. BOOM! An MCS plan.

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know. I just missed it. They had the 800 watt on there for 149. Couldn't go for it.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here