Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe I did it.

Yes I finally did what I didn't think I would do but with the $50 off promo today I just emptied my wallet a little more. The ANOVA wifi is on its way to me.
    I'm kinda feeling like I'm being a traitor to the smoker brethren. But at the same time I'm thinking, damn this could step up my game. I know the wife is gonna be pissed but. BTH.

Cool, always nice to save some cash and get a new toy. You don't know how close I was as well. But I resisted. This entire evening has almost cost me my paycheck, MCS is in full force in The Pit tonight! But I've stayed strong so far.

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. SV is just another way to cook something. It compliments your BBQ, it doesn't replace it. Just another tool in the box!

If it does, I will take the LSG!

Comment

Sous Vide is awesome. If you make the pastrami, it is worth getting the sous vide for that alone! As stated above by Spinaker, it is another tool in your box. Sous Vide then seared chicken breast is awesome. You have opened up a whole new world of possibilities. I love the "set and forget" aspect of it.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          I gotta get used to this new idea. But I'm sure once I use it it's gonna be great.

Have fun!

Comment

I have been Sous-Quing close to 2 years. It's a perfect match. Enjoy

Comment

You're going to love SV cooking, Steve! Like any other "tool", just use it for what it's intended to do ... and don't even thing about using it for anything it's not intended to do. Here at home, we've come to depend on it for fresh corn, tenderloin (or any other) steaks, pork chops, duck and chicken confit, and hamburgers (my wife won't have a burger cooked any other way than safe-to-eat medium or medium rare).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here