Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Store bought Corned beef brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Store bought Corned beef brisket

put a store bought corned beef brisket in the Anova Sous Vide last night at 6:00 pm at 175 degrees. pulled it at 5:30 Am this morning. best corned beef I or my wife ever had.

Great to hear, what where the specifics like the time and temp?

Comment

hey powersmoke, not sure exactly what you men by specifics, but...juicy and tender cooked at 175 degrees for 11.5 hours. You could slice it as thin or thick as you liked. It was really good.

Comment

Did you have to desalinate or change the fluid at all or just cooked as it?

Comment

ahh gotcha,I just rinsed it off, put it in the vacuum sealed bag and put it in the sous vide bath.it was not salty at all. I very rarely use salt so even the slightest bit is noticeable.

Comment

Due to your post picked up a store prepared corned beef flat today. Planning on putting it in th SV around 10:00 tonight at 170* for noon lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

one other thing I have made a habit of doing. My Anova is dead nuts on temperature wise, however I always double check the water with instant read thermometer. l also did mine for just under 12 hours at 175 ,And most importantly, make sure you save some for corned beef hash and eggs on Tuesday morning!

Comment

14 hours 170*. Turned out delicious very tender.

leftovers ready for corned beef, hash and eggs 🍳

Comment

Outstanding! Home made CB Hash is the best.I normally get the cubed taters browned then throw in the cubed CB mix them together until crispy. Just my 0.02cents..

Comment

I did my first home cured corned beef this year, using the Meathead brine instructions - including the pickling spice recipie. I think the results were better than the usual store bought stuff, and since I got a large flat at the wholesale club I had a lot of it. I put three pieces in the slow cooker with one small sweet red onion and two smaller yellow onions (that is what I had on hand that needed to be used or planted). I also put in some chopped garlic. Then two bottles of Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA and a bit more pickling spice. I did all that at 0630 before leaving to work. My wife got to sit at home and smell the food all day, and also helpfully added the cabbage a few hours before I got home. It was all done at 1900. And trust me, it was well worth the 2 weeks curing plus 12 hour slow cook.

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds great!

• hogdog6
                      hogdog6 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Does sound good

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here