Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova Sous Vide $50 Off with Free Shipping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova Sous Vide $50 Off with Free Shipping!

Pulled the trigger. Got the wifi model. Not sure what to tell the wife why it was needed. Hoping someone will share their experience on that. Looking forward to using it after reading the positive reviews here.

Here's a good intro on-site http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...the_grill.html

The main thing it buys you is flexibility with your time and consistency of your output. And tender cheap cuts of beef. And chicken breasts that are moist. And ...

Comment

To add to what Ed said, I purchased the same one 3 weeks ago and have used it 3-4 dats a week now. My wife could not believe how tender a choice NY Strip was. She thought the boneless skinless chicken breast was almost to tender...go figure...and I did a store bought corned beef brisket last night and it came out the best I ever had. Did a chuck roast and then finished in the smoker...was awesome as well. You wont be sorry..

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        When it gets really cool is when you combine it with your BBQ, and have to make tactical decisions - this way or that way? For those of us who are easily entertained, it can turn into quite a pasttime!

bep35 Is that unit normally $199 down to $149? I bought the Joule but for $149 I might get one for my son for his birthday gift.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
        TheCountofQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Typically, the Wi-Fi is $199, and the blue tooth is $149, if I remember correctly. I had trouble with mine (Wi-Fi) and found a replacement at Best Buy, at the register for $169, even though the website said $199.

At the Anova website there is a code to apply at checkout to get $50 off the price of either unit (ANOVA5-23t65ef8). I assume it's ok to post the code as they sent it out to folks signed up to receive their emails.

Comment

Dang! I just bought the Anova a few weeks ago at full price! Oh well, it was worth it. I have never had a frozen choice strip steak come out that tasty before! Went straight from frozen to sous vide, and then seared on the grill. I also did some asparagus sous vide then grilled, and it was great! Chicken breasts are next.

Comment

• Don Jr
          Don Jr commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, chicken breasts cooked at 149 degrees for 55 minutes.

I have made some of my best steaks using my Anova sous vide. I once had a two pound ribeye and a tri-tip going at once. They both came out delicious. Make sure you add some aromatics in the bag.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here