Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrolux is Buying Anova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrolux is Buying Anova

This is a big week in Anova's history

This is a big week for the Anova family, our loyal #anovafoodnerd community, and for the smart kitchen. Earlier this week, we announced that we will be acquired by Electrolux.

Anova will continue to have its own brand identity and we'll operate as an independent company. We'll run Anova like we've always run Anova - Our mission of helping people cook like a pro will just accelerate. We love being a part of people’s lives and this will give us a way to reach more lives, faster.

To learn more, check out my blog post announcing the acquisition and the video below from Electrolux CEO, Jonas Samuelson.

I just got that in my e-mail. Don't know if it's a good thing.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Electrolux has their eye on the ball for quality, and even for innovation. I have one of their Swedish-made stand mixers, and its killer. Most of their products get great ratings on reviewed.com. Guess we'll see! Good luck Anova folk!

Big things came with the announcement - a cheaper device this summer as well as an Anova countertop oven for searing.

Anova Culinary will release a $99 version (roughly converted to £80 or AU$135) of its popular sous vide immersion circulator, which could make this cooking method more approachable.

Comment

That will probably suck...

Comment

Demonstrates the mainstreaming of SV. It's quite an accomplishment for the Anova folks, going from a Kickstarter (not even the first in category, but clearly superior to the original Nomiku) to the dominant brand to being part of a major appliance company. I think it will only serve to improve the consistency of the devices, and broaden the offering. Though you could already pick up an Anova at Target, so I dunno how much broader they need to be.

Comment

So does that mean that the Anova that I have brand new still in the box never been used will be a collectors item? 😁

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            The wife change her mind on the hot tub. Now I think she wants to go on an 8 day cruise later this year.

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe it'll be an Alaska cruise with a nice hot tub on the deck! That could be pretty awesome!

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope! She's wants to go on a Caribbean cruise

Does that mean that we'll have an appliance that can both vacuum and cook our dinner? Wouldn't that be handy?

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, but you will see door-to-door sous vide salesmen.

• Steve Vojtek
            Steve Vojtek commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh no!! I hate sales people. Guess I'll have to "politely" ask him to leave,......"politely"
            Close the f#@$%&g gate on your way out. That's polite - isn't it?

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            At least you've got a gate!

tbob4 My brain can't take the anova precision oven. The website (https://anovaculinary.com/introducin...recision-oven/) says it will do all of the following:
          • Sous vide
          • Steam cooking
          • Searing plate
          • Convection bake
          • Broil
          • Communicate with your Precision Cooker
          • Coordinated cooking cycles
          How is it going to do all of that and how am I going to justify to myself not needing one!?!?!?

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            And it will likely have an "in-oven" mount! hahahaha

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here