Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joule, in the house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joule, in the house!

Dang Fedex Drivers lol. Was awakened by the doorbell. nobody comes to visit that early so realized it must be a delivery. In no hurry to get down stairs cause the driver will just leave it on the front porch. I'm halfway down the stairs as I make the turn on the landing and can see the Driver is still at the front door?? Then he hits the stain-glass window with his hand? (not hard but I could see him doing it) I get to the front door and look out...NO Package?? So I look up on the side window and a sticky note has been left?? He is still out front so I run out and go wait I'm up Im here. he hears me and quickly comes back to me. Makes me sign for the package and hes gone in a puff of diesel smoke. I have things ordered but they would all come UPS (I have the tracking #s) So when I saw it was Fedex hoped it was the joule! but the box he handed me seemed to small?!?! (my Anova came in a round box half my height) get it inside and low and behold it was the Joule!! I was actually pleased that I had to sign for it after my box of wood got stolen. Very happy that it made it in time for Thanksgiving!! Well gonna go open it up and get it synced to my phone. I have some Omaha steaks coming tomorrow or Monday Great timing!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2523.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	240359

Let us know how it goes. I am particularly curious to hear how the phone sync goes and how well the interface works out. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you run it from a remote location. Say at your office or on the road? GadjetGriller

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes (in Theory) I haven't tried it yet. But that is the reason you connect the Joule to the wifi so it can be accessed from anywhere there is a cell or wifi signal.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! Thats what I was hoping, Now I am more interested. Not really into the SV steaks but for reheating BBQ or doing veggies, I would be down. GadjetGriller

Ok here is the last I'll post about this. just found it interesting. It shipped direct form china. I figured they (chef steps) were getting in bulk shipments then they were shipping them out themselves. Got here pretty quick,(it only took 5 min to get from Shanghai to Memphis!) Customs usually take a while to clear. Click image for larger version  Name:	joule shipment.jpg Views:	1 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	240367
    Last edited by GadjetGriller; November 17, 2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow I never realized Shanghai and Memphis were that close either.

GadjetGriller, Spinaker, Like You G.G. My Joule arrived Yesterday! Like Yours Drop Shipped from China! I haven't Taken It out of The Box! Todate I Don't Parleee Vooo Souix Veee Dooo so I need to Study Up! I did order an Amazon Dot Today it is Supposed to Communicate with Joule via Alexa? I'll let You Know! Yesterday was a TwoFer Wednesday, in addition to the Joule the Grillinator Ultimate Grill Brush Also Came! Unfortunately the Hardware to assemble it wasn't in the Box! I will wait to Post Pics until It's Assembled, The Parts are Underway!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	240528

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	240525
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; November 17, 2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      The App that you have to download to use the Joule comes with a lot of info and videos how to SV different types of stuff. (Meat, chicken, Vegetables ect) Thats cool about Alexa (been eyeing the short version)

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      GadjetGriller, That is Good to Know! I am Dumb as a Box of Rocks with this Techno Crappola! I am used to The Hammer Method of Configuration, If the first Hammer doesn't do it use the Bigger One!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish we could 'like' comments Danjohnston949, I definitely like yours!

Nice Dan. Thats sweet that you can sync it with the Echo. Those are handy.

Comment

Sous vide is a lot of fun and space for experimenting. My only issue is I'm not very good at planning a day or two in advance. Of course, since you can pull something from the freezer and add an hour or two to the specified times, it's pretty forgiving.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Its wonderful finding other people like me!! I have a heck of a time Planning in advance! Seems like Life always gets in the way lol. I'm sure they make an app for people like us!! (maybe called a calendar?? lol)

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yah, good luck remembering to check it!

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL Good Point!!

What I find interesting, Danjohnston949, is that your Joule pairs with a Samuel Adams. My Anova pairs with a Sierra Nevada. I wonder what the difference is? It could be a platform issue. Too much Sierra Nevada and the motor starts spinning out of control on mine, though. The temp gauge also begins to just not care.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Young Feller? Hahahaha. I haven't been called that is 30 years - I owe you a whole bunch of Samuel Adams' for that!

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        East Coast vs West Coast Beer? Not really. Sam Adams Boston Lager recipe was designed by the late Joseph Owades who lived in Sonoma CA at the time, about 150 miles from Chico, home of Sierra Nevada.

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        mgaretz, You Smart Guys are always Proving Me Wrong? 😚🤔 ~,£^#^**",~~\|><€£¥!🤔😚 Thanks I Think, LOL.
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Congrats. I am most disappointed when FedEx/UPS, etc leaves a note. When I was a bachelor I ordered my first guitar amp and came home from work on a Fri eve to find such a note. I was so upset. All weekend I couldn't have my new amp. I called UPS and begged and pleaded that they re-deliver I'd even pay a fee I didn't care. They did since the driver was still in the area, but I don't remember the details past that. Glad you caught the guy!

Comment

So, GadjetGriller , I presume Chef Steps sent you an email with a tracking number. Eagerly awaiting my notification.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they did But I dont check my Email as much as I should. So was surprised when it showed up! Found it after the fact. Good luck with getting yours!!

I just got mine a few minutes ago. Will be here next Wednesday.

Comment

Me too! Wednesday is the day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here