Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova making a clicking noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova making a clicking noise?

Maybe it's just our Anova -- but does anyone else's sous vide stick make a "clicking sound" when it's active?

I've identified the issue as that the spinner propeller at the bottom of the stick is off-center and hitting against the bottom plastic. So we undo the plastic bottom, then push the propeller to the opposite side of where it's hanging to get it closer to center than it was before. Then the sous vide session will be as quiet as circulating water will be.

It'll run just fine for a few more sessions until eventually the propeller has creeped back far enough over to start hitting the plastic again.

Is this happening to y'all too? It's not worth replacing as "broken", but didn't know if this was a widespread thing or not.

Never had it happen.

Comment

Mine does it too. I've done the same as you. It's done it for a long time. More of an annoyance than a hindrance. Eventually I'll get a new one but, in the meantime, I deal with it!

Comment

Send it back, sounds defective to me.

Comment

Interestin.
          I do not, currently, possess me any kinda Immersion Heater typa thingamajig.

Best of luck!
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 13, 2021, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Troutman Duly Noted an keerected, Brother!
            Thingamajig, it IS...
            Many Thanks fer Th Assist!

Mid-spelled?
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 13, 2021, 09:19 AM. Reason: Type O Grafickal errers...

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Freudian slip

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Long Live Sigmund, Brother!

I Do It, All th Time!!!

Mine has done it. I adjust it and it goes quiet. For a while at least. It doesn’t affect performance.

Comment

Mine did once when the bottom piece (protecting the prop) got jarred (is that a word PJ?), I reseated it and went away.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Noob, did they finally give you the deep six?

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              Troutman Just washing the sprinkles off 😎

Mine will sometimes do it depending on how it rests on the bottom of the container. Sometimes just twisting the metal cover off and rotating it to a different position helps.

Comment

Got two of them thar thingies and nary an issue with either.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Works fer me.
                fare Thee well...

Mine work fine as well. Shoot Anova an email, couldn't hurt.

Comment

My device is making noises - what do they mean? – Anova Support | Anova Culinary (US)

Comment

Mine does it too. I take it apart and reseat everything and it stops. Once I get it fixed it doesn't do it again during that cook, but it does it so often that I don't use it for long cooks anymore. I also bought a Joule that I use for longer cooks. I did not contact Anova because I have had the thing for a few years now, but I may reach out to them just to see what they say.

Comment

Yea a couple of times. Like klflowers said. It works for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here