Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joule 20% off on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowswamp
    commented on 's reply
    I have the Anova cooker and also use the Joule app. The Joule app doesn’t control the Anova, but I use the recipe info to set my Anova as needed. I would have gotten the Joule, but this sale came after the sale when I got my Anova (which I do not regret getting).
    Last edited by snowswamp; December 7, 2021, 02:54 PM.

• JohnPaul
    replied
    I hear nothing but good things about the Joule, but I just don't understand the there are no buttons hook it up to your phone thing. I bought an Anova, so I could just turn it on.

Leave a comment:

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    Absolutely agree on the Joule with its app. So slick, very easy to use, very controllable, very consistent. We've had ours for a few years now and it has been a total game-changer.

• treesmacker
    replied
    Dang - those seem expensive, even on sale. Not that it is any help, but I paid $37.50 for my Gramercy several years ago on an Amazon lightning deal. It works great...too bad they aren't available... https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one looks the same, maybe even came out of the same factory,,,
    https://www.amazon.com/Cooker-Immers...8857062&sr=8-1
    Last edited by treesmacker; December 7, 2021, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    commented on 's reply
    I bought the Nano a few years back. It works well enough, but I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that they put a fixed clamp on it instead of a movable one.

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    STEbbq thanks. The Anova app is not so good, but ivhave had mine for years and it only works either Bluetooth. The new app is wi fi, but I think I will give the joule a try.

• bmillin
    replied
    The Anova kit includes a large container, rack and lid which sells for $50+ separately. I haven’t had mine long enough to rate it but so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I’d say yes. But the real value for the Joule is the app. It is one of the best I’ve seen and I wish all cooking apps (smokers/grills) took a similar approach.

• klflowers
    replied
    The Anova is also on sale for a little less; it is 1000W vs 1100W for the Joule. My Anova is making strange noises; it sounds like the blade is hitting the housing but I can't figure out what is going on. I have taken it apart and the shafts are straight. Anyway I am not so trusting of it on long cooks anymore. So I have a question - is the extra 100W worth the 20 bucks - $139 for Anova, $159 for Joule?

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Great deal! Love my Joule.

Leave a comment:

• bmillin
    replied
    Sam's club has a deal going on the Anova - $99

Anova Sous Vide Kit with Precision Cooker Nano and 12L Container - Sam's Club (samsclub.com)

Leave a comment:

• Yohawk
    replied
    Thanks so much for the link on the Sous Vide. I almost pulled the trigger last Christmas and this year I said, what the heck! I did chicken breasts for the first run and seared them on the grill. Turned out fantastic! Using the app made it easy and no mess to clean up! This website rocks.

My Kamado Joe Jr. will be here tomorrow, so it’s playtime on the back porch. If this keeps up, I’m going to have to start wearing striped shirts so my wife can tell if I’m walking or rolling!
    Last edited by Yohawk; December 8, 2021, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tomaron
    replied
    If only that was also included on UK Amazon. :/ I have been looking at a Sous-vide for ages now and still can't decide whether to go for something cheaper to see how much I use it or if I should just bite the bullet and spend the £100+ on an Anova...

Leave a comment:

• snowswamp
    replied
    I just got a Anova. Man. I need to wait a day. If the sale is there tomorrow, I may break down and get it.

Leave a comment:

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    replied
    I have 2 Joules - really good units.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here