Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sousvidenoob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the rain lately in the southeast, skeeters are thick after sunset so decided to sous vide a pork chop in the rv and pan sear. Sous vide for one hour at 120°, spiced with salt, pepper & Red Baron, pan seared in olive oil and butter to temp 140°. Awesome taste and texture but I like a lil more pink so next time I’m thinkin’ pull from sear at 135°. The Sous Vide adventure continues!
    Attached Files

Comment

• dubob
      dubob commented
      Editing a comment
      What I've found with pork chops/steaks is this - the longer the better. I do my chops/steaks for 24 hours and then sear for 1 minute on a side. Melt in your mouth tender. I do my pork to 145*F. I would recommend you do a 24 hour sous vide at 130 to 135 and pan sear for 1 minute per side on your next pork chop. Very tender and moist.

Another try at sous vide camping. This time a filet, one hour at 115°, then pan seared on the gas stove and you guessed it, to the tune of beep-beep-beep from the smoke alarm . OMG, hit the sweet spot on this one, enjoying the sous vide adventure and not going outside to give blood to skeeters at sunset! This one is awesome!
    Attached Files

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks awesome. I see the temp difference on the sous vide but did you do anything different on the searing side?

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq I took it directly from sous vide to pan on gas stove with spices, olive oil, & butter, maybe 3-4 minutes sear on high

Day 5 of my sous vide adventure camping! Tonight, reheat vac pac smoked pulled pork! Soaked it at 150° for an hour, tasted like I smoked it today! Next time I will go maybe 1.5 hours in the bath to get it hotter, it was good but I want it hotter! Definitely better than any boiled vac pack or micro waved pulled pork I ever reheated! The adventure continues! Maybe vac pack salmon tomorrow night!
    Attached Files

Comment

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      Bird strike?

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      willxfmr weedtop flyin’

Day 6 of sous vide camping adventure! Tonight, Florida farmed salmon ( from the cold aquifer) , vac packed, frozen for the trip, thawed, sous vide for 45 min at 115°, seasoned and pan seared for two minutes a side. Tossed on spinach salad and served. Wow, very happy with the sous vide experiment! Tomorrow scratching spaghetti sauce so that’s it for the sous vide camping adventure!
    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here