Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

7.23.2015 UPDATE - Slow 'N Sears are now shipping. All Pre-Orders have been fulfilled. Thanks to everyone for making the launch a resounding success! http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#_l_1b

7.17.2015 UPDATE - All Slow'N Sear pre-orders ship the week of 7.20.2015!

6.9.2015 UPDATE - We have the Limited Edition Slow 'N Sear in stock and ready to ship. Click here:

5.17.2015 UPDATE - We had to cancel the KickStarter project (see page 8 of this thread for the details). The good news is the Slow 'N Sear is still coming to market, only sooner because now we don't have to wait for the KS project to end. Sign up here to be notified when the Slow 'N Sear is available to order. Should be this week!

Below is the original unedited post:

Adrenaline Barbecue Company
    has created the Slow 'N Sear, a game changing accessory for the ubiquitous charcoal kettle. The Slow 'N Sear smokes, it sears, and it does both VERY well. The Slow 'N Sear turns the typical 22" kettle into a top notch smoker and a top notch two-zone grilling machine. There is no other accessory out there that can say that.

The Slow 'N Sear will cook low and slow for 8 hours using one load of charcoal. No more adding charcoal part way through your cook. Using one quart of water, the built in water pan provides 5 hours of steam from the slow boiling action caused by the reservoir's distinct shape.

30 copies of the production ready Slow 'N Sear have been made and many of those are in the hands of respected pitmasters for testing and feedback.

The results coming in have been unanimous. The Slow 'N Sear ROCKS.

The Slow 'N Sear is better than anything else on the market and has no competition.

For more info check out our website www.abcbarbecue.com

Please like us on Facebook and share us with your friends.

David "Pit Boss" Parrish, Owner
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ABClogo.PNG
Views:	520
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	80823
    Excited About the ABCs of Barbecue

Just to clarify, that 8 hours is with Kingsford Blue and White. B & B briquettes top that easily, however B & B is not ubiquitous, like the Kingsford.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I got 6 hours out of my water......seems the B & B conserves our precious commodity of water also.

• Bie
      Bie commented
      Editing a comment
      Speaking of coals, I live in Denmark and I cannot get my hands on Kingford. We have the Australian Head Beads. Do you know them and what are they like in comparison to Kingford???

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Bie sorry to say I have no experience than those. Maybe someone else will chime in?

Id consider an early bird... Like 100 of them at $75 or something. P

Comment

CRANK UP THE KICKSTART! Oh yeah baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
        CRANK UP THE KICKSTART! Oh yeah baby!
        Jon how do you like cooking with it so far? (Jon is a beta tester)

Comment

What retail are you trying to hit once production is up and running? Looks good if the price point is right.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            What retail are you trying to hit once production is up and running? Looks good if the price point is right.
            Targeting $80 if we can get cost to manufacture down. 5 pounds of SS isn't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Jon how do you like cooking with it so far? (Jon is a beta tester)

Its great, I have done long cooks and short. Ribs, chicken, butts. Its can easily replace a dedicate smoker. It performed right out of the box. Total plug and play.

I did a pork tenderloin this morning, followed that with a rack of spares and doing some chicken now. All on the same charcoal load.

A butt from last weekend:

Ribs from today:

Last edited by Jon Solberg; May 3, 2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome! Keep the pics coming!

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                This mornings loin:

Last edited by Jon Solberg; May 3, 2015, 05:26 PM.

Sounds pretty good, if i'm understanding right its primarily a better designed smokenator with fewer parts and searing right? Are you doing multiple sizes? For me personally using this for a smokey joe for tailgating would be ideal.

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                The current version fits 22" and 26" charcoal kettles. In the future we'll release a design that fits smaller kettles and smokers.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it's an improvement on the Smokenator with all around better versatility and productivity, and in a one-piece plug & play unit to boot.

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Its like Smokantor and Vortex eloped

Tonight's Filet Mignon cook. Reverse Seared using the SnS and a kettle.

Comment

This is exciting news, Dave. Congrats on launching your startup. It makes me want to go buy a Weber kettle just so I can try the Slow and Sear out. Best of luck to you as the enterprise progresses.

Kathryn

Comment

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! You really should grab a kettle. Since I started using the SnS I've found it produces results that compete with all price ranges. It really is THAT good.

Looks like a great product you're bringing to life. I signed up to be notified when the project goes live. Any guess to how long before it happens?

oldsteve

Comment

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  June or July we'll ship the final product, but KickStarter offers quicker options.

Ditto Kathryn: This looks great, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsteve View Post
                  Looks like a great product you're bringing to life. I signed up to be notified when the project goes live. Any guess to how long before it happens?

oldsteve

KickStarter will go live in a day or two. We'll start shipping based on the KickStarter Rewards dates.

Comment

Is this the announcement you were alluding to on another thread when you told someone to buy a kettle? i will make you an offer: $75000 for 30% and a $5 royalty on each unit sold (I've been watching shark tank recently) I'm getting back to basics this year and sold off my expensive gasser and focusing on my weber, count me in!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here