Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-shirt feedback - we want to hear from you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the word "Sear", be a red color or some kind of flames to represent hot searing. maybe take off one steak, the one far left so we can see the SnS better. The N another color so the slow is set off from the N.

Comment

Colors add big bucks to the cost of the shirt. If anything, it'll have fewer colors when the t-shirt company gets done creating the template.

Comment

• mackdaddy
        mackdaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I can see that. So you have to use the same color in various places in the design?

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, or cost goes up a whole bunch.

What's with the grill marks on the steaks? I thought that was verboten.

Comment

They are, but in this case it's hard to show off a seared steak without the grill marks!

Comment

• mackdaddy
          mackdaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          That's true. If one must compromise i, I guess grill marks are way down on the important list.

@Pit Boss

I've been watching this thread all along. I think the last version is simple, explanatory and understandable. I'd say you've done a nice job of refining it. I'd go to market with this version. Leave "the" in it.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Sir!

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
        Colors add big bucks to the cost of the shirt. If anything, it'll have fewer colors when the t-shirt company gets done creating the template.
        Hi David Parrish ,

Didn't get a chance to post earlier, but did want to comment that the more I looked at the design, the more I liked it. Sure, there may be some tweaking, but it's getting close!

I think Henrik has some great points, too. If you choose to keep the layout as presented, then the only thing I would suggest is abcbarbecue.com below Slow n' Sear. I think your company name is an integral part of "the message".

I used to do silk screening / t-shirts in a previous life, so I understand about more color = more $$$. Looks like you're going to stick with 4 colors?. If you're going with a dark shirt, then I think abcbarbecue.com in white ink would really stand out. You're already using white so it would work.

I think a black shirt would work due to the amount of black in your design. Center 1 steak only on the SnS. If you did a big T-bone, then white ink could be used to represent the bone (just like the ribs, etc.)

Also, by incorporating everything on the back of the shirt (I'm assuming based on the last design), you could eliminate any printing on the front ( if you want to ) and save a ton of money. 1-sided print vs. 2 sided print = less $$$.

I really like the message because of the word "we". Somehow I get the feeling of a community which I am very grateful and proud to be a part of.

I'd buy it! I want it!

HTH,

--Ed

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Great feedback. I just yelled at the VP to go read this

• Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm already imagining wearing it!

I really think you can get everything you want by tweaking the current design and leaving the front plain. I think a plain front would look good, i.e., black t-shirt & jeans or khakis, blah, blah. I also think that you need to have your company name on the shirt for advertising = tax write off.

Also, our policy was that the customer owned the screens, even though we kept them in-house. If the customer wanted to take the screens to another printer that was their option. If the customer's screen was somehow damaged, then we rebuilt the screen at no cost to the customer. (never happened)

HTH,

--Ed
          Last edited by Medusa; August 13, 2015, 03:29 PM. Reason: More thoughts about current design & t-shirt biz...

I am probably the only here that will say this, but I prefer the original design. It takes me back to some old racing t-shirts I used to have.

Comment

The final product coming to you soon in short- and long-sleeved versions. Thank you for your feedback and all of those great ideas! Click image for larger version

Name:	shirt.PNG
Views:	150
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	105169

Comment

• billg71
            billg71 commented
            Editing a comment
            So when and where can I buy one(of each)?
            Last edited by billg71; August 28, 2015, 05:20 PM.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Next few weeks

Love it!!!!!😎

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Nailed it! Good Job! -- Ed

Comment

• Medusa
                Medusa commented
                Editing a comment
                Smaht move with moving the T-bone off to 1 end as opposed to centering it. Good use of the white ink for the bone.

I'll order 2. 1 SS and 1 LS. I also agree that many folks will google vs. asking ?'s.

IMHO, very "well done" ( pun) final product. Glad to see the logo on the front. Great message on the back - I think it says it all. Key concept is that it points to your company.

Sincerely appreciate Catherine's and your hard work on this endeavor!

-- Ed
                Last edited by Medusa; August 27, 2015, 04:09 PM. Reason: added appreciation...

• Medusa
                Medusa commented
                Editing a comment
                Excellent use of white ink for the "n" between Slow'n'Sear. Really helps the words "Slow" / "Sear" standout.

I'm a ceramic grill guy so don't have a need for a Slow and Sear but I like your finished product. Both the Slow n Sear and the shirt.😎

Great project!!!

Comment

David Parrish You not going to put the SnS website on the back of the shirt?

Comment

Nah DWCowles. If folks are interested they'll ask.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If I am behind someone in a checkout lane and I am interested in something on their shirt, I am NOT asking them about it....for fear I'll get a big sales pitch or who knows what. I'd rather see a site that I can remember and investigate later.

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Still, if you google "slow 'n sear" or "slow n sear" we're all over the first two pages of results. You'd find us pretty easy

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee if I am behind someone at Lowe's checkout during the charcoal sale, and they got 5 bags.....I'm watchin' the show.....

People much rather ask Google than have to communicate with another humanoid

Originally posted by Wartface View Post
                  I'm a ceramic grill guy so don't have a need for a Slow and Sear but I like your finished product. Both the Slow n Sear and the shirt.😎

Great project!!!
                  Thanks!

and... Having cooked on Kamados I can tell you... you don't know what you're missing. Trust me.

That said, I am currently developing a product that will do for the Big Green Egg what the Slow 'N Sear does for the kettle, so stay tuned!

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It will take the BGE to the next level of smoking prowess, and improve it's ability to sear, but it won't turn it into a 2-Zone powerhouse like the kettle/SnS combo. You can only push the laws of physics so far

• mackdaddy
                    mackdaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh no, now I'm going to have to buy a BGE! 😖.

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I think you will!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here