Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-shirt feedback - we want to hear from you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to drive folks to the website, don't give them everything on the back of the T shirt.
    Ditch one of the meats on the grill so that the SnS is visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
      You want to drive folks to the website, don't give them everything on the back of the T shirt.
      Ditch one of the meats on the grill so that the SnS is visible.
      OK, any suggestions how to make the SnS more visible? We can put less meat on there, but I'm not sure that's enough.

Comment

FB. Make it a grey t-shirt. Go with heavier material than you planned. Much more likely to get worn

Comment

• billg71
          billg71 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm for grey as well, stains show up a little better than on black but it's much easier to keep clean than white.

The making neighbors and since 2015 don't do anything for me.

Make it much simpler...maybe not have ANYTHING on the back...

I assume you will want us to wear it right? Only so much advertising I do for free, much less pay to do

Comment

When you say nothing on the back, do you mean no image, no text, or just nothing at all?

Comment

You got to have a back print. I would like something in this affect. Please excuse the not so good artwork and writing I'm not an artist. This is just a general ideal. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	101002

Comment

with the Smokenator, or the Vortex, or a water pan, etc., etc.

I really think the post above that states "We didn't invent the kettle. We just perfected it" is a WINNER!

Kettle (graphic) + SnS (graphic) = Perfection!

I don't think meats on the grill are really needed. Think how simple the Kingsford T's are and almost everybody knows what that is.

What's the most awesome meat off a grill that everyone can identify with? IMHO, a big T-Bone or Ribeye. The only challenge is to create a graphic that epitomizes the Holy Grail of steak or resort to photography or a multi-color print.

I think you could do a great steak print with 4 colors.

Here's the subliminal message. If you own a kettle and use this product (SnS) then your steaks will come out like this, and you will be a Grillin' Supastar!

(So dad can put 2+2 together and think chicken, burgs, hotdogs, etc.)

(Of course, it's only available at abcbarbecue.com).

Company logo on front (pocket size); something like this on the back.

I'd buy it. And the reason I would buy any t-shirt like this (or Kingsford, or nScale.net) is to ADVERTISE for the company and its product.

--Ed
              Last edited by Medusa; August 5, 2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2374.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	101087 Maybe something along this line? Top view of a grill with building blocks, that get the point across.

Comment

It is going to be hard to please everybody with a T shirt. I see 2 camps.

Those that like LOUD shirts. Something like most NASCAR shirts, Affliction shirts, Garth Brooks concert T shirts, ETC.

Then those that like more restricted shirts that you have to look at to figure out what they are or what they mean.

Your current shirt is designed for the louder folks.

I am in the 2nd camp.

Here is one for the race track in Austin, TX you guys will like:

To please this camp I would suggest using a line drawing of this picture:

Because if somebody who knows nothing about kettle cooking looks at your shirt, they will just see a generic grill. Someone that may buy your product does not need to see the legs and overall profile of a kettle. They have one. they need to see the cool divider and the water.

I would put just that line drawing, with the "Slow and Sear" just like that. Your web address and something simple, like "2 zone cooking like never before." or "We didn't invent the kettle, we perfected it."

Comment

• Medusa
                    Medusa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I really like these ideas. A good graphic that showcases the image above probably eliminates the need for meats that would clutter it up.

I think it would be really cool to create a t-shirt for this scenario:

Cool guy ( Medusa - LOL! ) hanging out. Dude(ss) B approaches and says "Hey man! What's that Slow&Sear all about?" Medusa gives website; orders pile in.

--Ed
                    Last edited by Medusa; August 6, 2015, 04:50 PM.

• Munch
                    Munch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What Jayne and Medusa said.
                    Last edited by Munch; August 14, 2015, 10:49 AM.

Originally posted by jayn View Post
                  It is going to be hard to please everybody with a T shirt. I see 2 camps.

Those that like LOUD shirts. Something like most NASCAR shirts, Affliction shirts, Garth Brooks concert T shirts, ETC.

Then those that like more restricted shirts that you have to look at to figure out what they are or what they mean.

Your current shirt is designed for the louder folks.

I am in the 2nd camp.

Here is one for the race track in Austin, TX you guys will like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_11745_1438872798403_950[/ATTACH]

To please this camp I would suggest using a line drawing of this picture:

Because if somebody who knows nothing about kettle cooking looks at your shirt, they will just see a generic grill. Someone that may buy your product does not need to see the legs and overall profile of a kettle. They have one. they need to see the cool divider and the water.

I would put just that line drawing, with the "Slow and Sear" just like that. Your web address and something simple, like "2 zone cooking like never before." or "We didn't invent the kettle, we perfected it."
                  OK jayn ,
                  I think these are really good ideas, especially with the bold print above. Agree with simple, and I like the caption --
                  "We didn't invent the kettle; our Slow and Sear (use your graphic / font / logo here!) perfected it."

visit ABCBarbecue.com

enough said!

I think the word "our" is important as it is your product and you are taking ownership of it and your claim to fame. The results / capabilities are quite obvious to anyone who visits the site and watches the slide show.

I'd buy it! -- Ed
                  Last edited by Medusa; August 6, 2015, 04:53 PM. Reason: added word "visit" to command t-shirt viewer to goto website.

Comment

• Medusa
                    Medusa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The cool divider and the water is what sets this product off!

Keep the ideas coming folks. We're taking notes!

Comment

Here's the latest version of the much anticipated SnS T-Shirt.

Name:	shirt9.PNG
Views:	140
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	101933

Comment

I suggest cutting down the "kindergarten" coloring. As mentioned before, I also like to retain some masculinity. Lol. That and remove "THE". Otherwise nice shirt

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Remove "the"? As in: "We didn't invent kettle..."?

• Stevehtn
                        Stevehtn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh crap. I was posting in reference to the original shirt. The site was having some serious issues earlier. I didn't think this post got through at all, and it shoulda been way above here. My apologies

What a massive improvement! Great to see, now it is so much better. And the slogan is awesome! Nice, clear, uncluttered, readable.

So, to the little details:

1. I really like that the SnS is more visible, but still not visible enough. I would remove what I assume is the steaks to the right. A) it is hard to depict them correctly, B) they hide/mask the SnS, and C) most people use their kettle for direct grilling anyway. By removing them you highlight the fact that it turns your grill into a smoker, and make the SnS more visible.

2. I love the reuse of the orange color in the slogan and brand name, so much less cluttered. I like when I can read a t-shirt's message from a distance without squinting. After all, you want to sell something. What I like less (and I've touched upon this before) is that the "n" in Slow n' Sear is squeezed in between the two words too snugly. It isn't very readable. If you prefer not to change the kerning (spacing) perhaps you could change color of the "n", or not use an italic font for the n? Here's the rationale: if I walk by a person on the street and see that cool t-shirt I want my brain to 'pick up' the brand name almost subliminally without having to do a second take to read it. But, this is your company and brand, so feel free to disagree :-)

Again, great work!

Example image with the n being outlined (see my comment below):

Name:	image_11870.png
Views:	71
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	102524
                      Last edited by Henrik; August 14, 2015, 02:08 AM. Reason: Added an example image with the "n" being outlined only.

Comment

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The actual SnS logo is more contrasted. I assume the actual logo cannot be used on a screenprinted T-shirt due to the glowing fonts being impractical or impossible to print. I'll correlate with Dave about a fix if necessary.

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Cool, I was referring to the T-shirt print specifically. About adding color; I realize it is expensive, I just thought you could perhaps outline (contour?) the letter "n" in Slow n' Sear, instead of filling it in (as in the letters in the word "Slow"). That way you use the same gray color = same price, but it is visually distinct from the "Slow". If that make sense. Added an example image to my post above to illustrate what I mean.
                        Last edited by Henrik; August 14, 2015, 02:09 AM.

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Henrik

Getting closer... but I don't see an SnS (Buick). I'd assume that if I was going to buy an SnS I'd be buying exactly what I see on the shirt, but not sure...

Great job with the message!. You could reduce the size of the 'n by 50% so the words Slow / Sear stand out.

Who? (what company?) perfected it?

Y'all are doing a great job with the design, and I commend you for your patience / listening regarding our feedback.

Here's a thought. Place the words Slow 'n Sear above the kettle as to where Slow is on the Rib side and Sear is on the steak side. Slow 'n Sear would basically arch across the back between the shoulder blades.

Move the message below the kettle.

--Ed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here