Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-shirt feedback - we want to hear from you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn View Post
    It is going to be hard to please everybody with a T shirt. I see 2 camps.

Those that like LOUD shirts. Something like most NASCAR shirts, Affliction shirts, Garth Brooks concert T shirts, ETC.

Then those that like more restricted shirts that you have to look at to figure out what they are or what they mean.

Your current shirt is designed for the louder folks.

I am in the 2nd camp.

Here is one for the race track in Austin, TX you guys will like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_11745_1438872798403_950[/ATTACH]

To please this camp I would suggest using a line drawing of this picture:

Because if somebody who knows nothing about kettle cooking looks at your shirt, they will just see a generic grill. Someone that may buy your product does not need to see the legs and overall profile of a kettle. They have one. they need to see the cool divider and the water.

I would put just that line drawing, with the "Slow and Sear" just like that. Your web address and something simple, like "2 zone cooking like never before." or "We didn't invent the kettle, we perfected it."
    OK jayn ,
    I think these are really good ideas, especially with the bold print above. Agree with simple, and I like the caption --
    "We didn't invent the kettle; our Slow and Sear (use your graphic / font / logo here!) perfected it."

visit ABCBarbecue.com

enough said!

I think the word "our" is important as it is your product and you are taking ownership of it and your claim to fame. The results / capabilities are quite obvious to anyone who visits the site and watches the slide show.

I'd buy it! -- Ed
    Last edited by Medusa; August 6, 2015, 04:53 PM. Reason: added word "visit" to command t-shirt viewer to goto website.

Leave a comment:

• jayn
    replied
    It is going to be hard to please everybody with a T shirt. I see 2 camps.

Those that like LOUD shirts. Something like most NASCAR shirts, Affliction shirts, Garth Brooks concert T shirts, ETC.

Then those that like more restricted shirts that you have to look at to figure out what they are or what they mean.

Your current shirt is designed for the louder folks.

I am in the 2nd camp.

Here is one for the race track in Austin, TX you guys will like:

To please this camp I would suggest using a line drawing of this picture:

Because if somebody who knows nothing about kettle cooking looks at your shirt, they will just see a generic grill. Someone that may buy your product does not need to see the legs and overall profile of a kettle. They have one. they need to see the cool divider and the water.

I would put just that line drawing, with the "Slow and Sear" just like that. Your web address and something simple, like "2 zone cooking like never before." or "We didn't invent the kettle, we perfected it."

Leave a comment:

• Powersmoke_80
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2374.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	101087 Maybe something along this line? Top view of a grill with building blocks, that get the point across.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    WINNER!

• Medusa
    replied
    with the Smokenator, or the Vortex, or a water pan, etc., etc.

I really think the post above that states "We didn't invent the kettle. We just perfected it" is a WINNER!

Kettle (graphic) + SnS (graphic) = Perfection!

I don't think meats on the grill are really needed. Think how simple the Kingsford T's are and almost everybody knows what that is.

What's the most awesome meat off a grill that everyone can identify with? IMHO, a big T-Bone or Ribeye. The only challenge is to create a graphic that epitomizes the Holy Grail of steak or resort to photography or a multi-color print.

I think you could do a great steak print with 4 colors.

Here's the subliminal message. If you own a kettle and use this product (SnS) then your steaks will come out like this, and you will be a Grillin' Supastar!

(So dad can put 2+2 together and think chicken, burgs, hotdogs, etc.)

(Of course, it's only available at abcbarbecue.com).

Company logo on front (pocket size); something like this on the back.

I'd buy it. And the reason I would buy any t-shirt like this (or Kingsford, or nScale.net) is to ADVERTISE for the company and its product.

--Ed
    Last edited by Medusa; August 5, 2015, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    You got to have a back print. I would like something in this affect. Please excuse the not so good artwork and writing I'm not an artist. This is just a general ideal. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	101002

Leave a comment:

• oldsteve
    commented on 's reply
    I think you nailed it!

• David Parrish
    replied
    When you say nothing on the back, do you mean no image, no text, or just nothing at all?

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    I kinda like this!!

• fracmeister
    replied
    The making neighbors and since 2015 don't do anything for me.

Make it much simpler...maybe not have ANYTHING on the back...

I assume you will want us to wear it right? Only so much advertising I do for free, much less pay to do

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    FB. Make it a grey t-shirt. Go with heavier material than you planned. Much more likely to get worn

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernest View Post
    You want to drive folks to the website, don't give them everything on the back of the T shirt.
    Ditch one of the meats on the grill so that the SnS is visible.
    OK, any suggestions how to make the SnS more visible? We can put less meat on there, but I'm not sure that's enough.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    You want to drive folks to the website, don't give them everything on the back of the T shirt.
    Ditch one of the meats on the grill so that the SnS is visible.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    How about taking out the "making neighbors jealous" blurb and putting the following text at the bottom of the graphic?

We didn't invent the kettle. We just perfected it.
    abcbarbecue.com

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah but the ideas are giving us ideas, so this is great. Keep them coming!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here