Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-shirt feedback - we want to hear from you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smarkley
    replied
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• mackdaddy
    replied
    Love it!!!!!😎

Leave a comment:

• Catherine
    replied
    The final product coming to you soon in short- and long-sleeved versions. Thank you for your feedback and all of those great ideas! Click image for larger version

Name:	shirt.PNG
Views:	172
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	105169

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Henrik

• Munch
    commented on 's reply
    What Jayne and Medusa said.
    Last edited by Munch; August 14, 2015, 10:49 AM.

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Cool, I was referring to the T-shirt print specifically. About adding color; I realize it is expensive, I just thought you could perhaps outline (contour?) the letter "n" in Slow n' Sear, instead of filling it in (as in the letters in the word "Slow"). That way you use the same gray color = same price, but it is visually distinct from the "Slow". If that make sense. Added an example image to my post above to illustrate what I mean.
    Last edited by Henrik; August 14, 2015, 02:09 AM.

• Craigar
    replied
    I am probably the only here that will say this, but I prefer the original design. It takes me back to some old racing t-shirts I used to have.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    I'm already imagining wearing it!

I really think you can get everything you want by tweaking the current design and leaving the front plain. I think a plain front would look good, i.e., black t-shirt & jeans or khakis, blah, blah. I also think that you need to have your company name on the shirt for advertising = tax write off.

Also, our policy was that the customer owned the screens, even though we kept them in-house. If the customer wanted to take the screens to another printer that was their option. If the customer's screen was somehow damaged, then we rebuilt the screen at no cost to the customer. (never happened)

HTH,

--Ed
    Last edited by Medusa; August 13, 2015, 03:29 PM. Reason: More thoughts about current design & t-shirt biz...

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Great feedback. I just yelled at the VP to go read this

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Sir!

• Medusa
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
    Colors add big bucks to the cost of the shirt. If anything, it'll have fewer colors when the t-shirt company gets done creating the template.
    Hi David Parrish ,

Didn't get a chance to post earlier, but did want to comment that the more I looked at the design, the more I liked it. Sure, there may be some tweaking, but it's getting close!

I think Henrik has some great points, too. If you choose to keep the layout as presented, then the only thing I would suggest is abcbarbecue.com below Slow n' Sear. I think your company name is an integral part of "the message".

I used to do silk screening / t-shirts in a previous life, so I understand about more color = more $$$. Looks like you're going to stick with 4 colors?. If you're going with a dark shirt, then I think abcbarbecue.com in white ink would really stand out. You're already using white so it would work.

I think a black shirt would work due to the amount of black in your design. Center 1 steak only on the SnS. If you did a big T-bone, then white ink could be used to represent the bone (just like the ribs, etc.)

Also, by incorporating everything on the back of the shirt (I'm assuming based on the last design), you could eliminate any printing on the front ( if you want to ) and save a ton of money. 1-sided print vs. 2 sided print = less $$$.

I really like the message because of the word "we". Somehow I get the feeling of a community which I am very grateful and proud to be a part of.

I'd buy it! I want it!

HTH,

--Ed

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, or cost goes up a whole bunch.

• Breadhead
    replied
    @Pit Boss

I've been watching this thread all along. I think the last version is simple, explanatory and understandable. I'd say you've done a nice job of refining it. I'd go to market with this version. Leave "the" in it.

Leave a comment:

• mackdaddy
    commented on 's reply
    That's true. If one must compromise i, I guess grill marks are way down on the important list.

• mackdaddy
    commented on 's reply
    I can see that. So you have to use the same color in various places in the design?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest