Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from SNS: Cast Iron Drip 'n Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from SNS: Cast Iron Drip 'n Griddle

Looks like SNS Grills just put out a new toy:

The perfect 22" cast iron griddle pan with a non-stick surface makes your searing experience easier than ever before. Clean-up is a breeze like with any cast iron pan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dng-ci-1_900x.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	988600

This could definitely be useful for smash burgers, searing steaks, and cooking bacon. Got mine ordered! Can't wait to add this to the arsenal.

Already ordered it.

Comment

Geez. When does it end? (Sigh). Never of course.

Comment

Already got a CI griddle or I’d be all over this

Comment

Looks good. I would like a 1/4 kettle sized griddle so you could use up to 3 at a time or as little as 1 at a time.

Comment

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee that's correct. I have Craycort grates on all my weber kettles. The 22 inch fits on the WSM 22 so I use it as a PBC

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I take it you like the craycort system? Ernest

• Ernest
          Ernest commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack Like?? I refused to grill on my brand new 26 kettle until my craycort grates were delivered.

That looks interesting!

Comment

Looks intriguing, and I am sorely tempted! MUST RESIST! I'll console myself and use my Lodge 12" on the grill, or my two stainless Drip 'N Griddles a while longer.

I do know I WILL have this eventually. But, being cast iron, I won't be able to store it outside in the grill the way I do the stainless version.

Comment

If you could only have one between the cast iron and stainless versions which would you choose and why?

Comment

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Cast iron. Reason being I’m used to using/maintaining cast iron pans already and I think as a griddle it would just work better. I’ve never had luck with eggs on SS and breakfast is half the fun of a griddle.

• JoeSousa
              JoeSousa commented
              Editing a comment
              For cooking on I would go with the cast iron. To use as a drip pan I would go with stainless. and now I will have one of each!

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Andrrr Good call on the eggs. I love my SS pans but I reach for cast iron if I'm cooking eggs.
              Last edited by Attjack; February 13, 2021, 12:52 AM.

That's pretty cool, I would get more use out of something rectangular I think with the MAK incoming...or at least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't click the buy it now button.

Comment

Got the email today and quickly deleted. Then I saw this post MCS wins again. At least it's a pre-order so I have time to make up some story to tell her.

Comment

A couple saving graces for me. One is the MN iron range is full of fairly priced griswold and two is that the SNS Kamado is not listed as being compatible. I think the handles are too wide to use it as a drip pan.

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                They don’t list the SNSK as compatible for the regular DNG so I am not sure this one isn’t compatible...

• jhapka
                jhapka commented
                Editing a comment
                jfmorris didn’t know that. It probably does fit then. It makes total sense that all their accessories would fit their flagship cooker but I hate to ass_u_me things.

Just ordered. Come on March!

Comment

Just placed my order. I like the convenient size for my 22" kettle and WSCGC.

I like being an SnS customer. Dave ( David Parrish ) has contributed a lot to my BBQ fund of knowledge and enjoyment with his SnS and related products, not to mention those killer recipes.

Just have to figure how to sneak this in to the house. Wonder if it will fit into a large shoebox...wait, that won't work either.

Kathryn

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You made me think...we have a few Amazon monthly subscriptions and I don’t always remember to skip when we get a little back stock. One could probably hide a lot in a big paper towel box ;-) Not that I’d ever not tell my spouse everything I’ve bought...sometimes she has to see it and ask first though.

• troymeister
                  troymeister commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just placed my order too...My wife was looking at our bank transactions and I heard from the other room, "Another One!"....lol...$59.00..I think great deal!

• Thunder77
                  Thunder77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kathryn, you could have it delivered to a friend’s house, then go over for coffee, pick it up, and sneak it in when your hubby isn’t home... 😬

Is that supposed to replace the Slow 'N Sear Drip 'N Roast Porcelain Grill Pan I just bought last week?

Comment

• Andrrr
                  Andrrr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think so. Pretty sure I've read that the porcelain should not be used as a griddle over direct heat.

Good gawd!! I need this!

but the new year new me is going to pass... even though I NEED THIS!

I simply have zero time to cook anymore. I still need it though!

Comment

• crazytown3
                  crazytown3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya! I double dare you.

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had a week moment but.... Nope.

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  HouseHomey MCS MCS MCS.. Voice in head. I Need This. Don't resist. I will will feel better once I order. MCS MCS MCS.....

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here