Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from SNS: Cast Iron Drip 'n Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That shape is really handy! I like it.

Comment

Saw it and almost ordered it, but remembered that I have the Weber cast iron accessory that works prefectly with the Vortex. Don't need another accessory that is shaped dirrerently but serves the same purpose.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not a question of whether you NEED it, it’s a question of whether you WANT it or not. 😜

I was about to order it, then thought, "what will I tell my wife this time?"

I opted on sending her the link instead. We’ll see how much she loves me 🤣

Comment

Probably buy anyway, despite shipping to Canada and already having CI griddles. Love SNS products.

Comment

Damn I really hate SnS grills right now.... 😜

Comment

I was just yesterday thinking to myself, "If only the Drip n Griddle were cast iron . . ."

How did they know???

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
              Damn I really hate SnS grills right now.... 😜
              sry NOT sry

Comment

Arrived today. Thought in original announcement it was shipping late March. No complaints. Seasoned and ready to go. Now what to do 1st. Saturday looks like a wash out. I'll see what Sunday brings. Will look through the freezer tommrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210226_201338.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	996132

Comment

Question, looking for some opinions on storage. I normally keep the SnS on the Kettle. Remove when needed like to Vortex some wings. I do cover it when not in use. I'm thinking of keeping DnG on there too. It won't get rained on but was wondering if there is any downside. As in humidity, especially during the summer months. After each use it would be cleaned, dried and a light coating of oil applied every few uses. Thanks.

Comment

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not really my different than my Camp Chef flat top, which is cold rolled steel, seasoned like cast iron. I clean it and oil it after each use, and keep a cover on the cooker when not in use, and it does get rained on. Every once in a while I uncover it and have a few brown spots, but it’s always wiped off. Probably due to poor cleaning after dark under bad lighting. I feel if I didn’t use the griddle for a couple of months the humidity would get to it in a bad way...
                    Last edited by jfmorris; March 11, 2021, 07:44 PM.

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
                  As in humidity, especially during the summer months. After each use it would be cleaned, dried and a light coating of oil applied every few uses.
                  I've been looking at getting one of these, too, but have resigned myself that it will need to be stored in the house. I inadvertently put a well-cared for cast iron skillet in the garage over a summer and it was caked with rust all over.

Comment

In some pictures it looks like a perfect semicircle, or slightly more than a semicircle, but in others it looks like slightly less than a semicircle. Are my eyes playing tricks?

Comment

Is the consensus that these cannot be stored in the garage? So you’d need to upgrade to the steel one if you plan to keep it in the garage?

Also, I assume these eliminate hot spots?

Comment

• jfmorris
                        jfmorris commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I personally think it will be fine in the garage if wiped down with oil after you’ve cleaned it after use, like any cast iron should be. Folks cooked in the south with cast iron in hot humid houses with no AC to dehumidify things - my garage in summer is probably about the heat and humidity of the house I grew up in. I just wouldn’t store it outside with the grill.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here