Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kettle Pizza Accessory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kettle Pizza Accessory

While watching the noon news today, there was a story about Walmart encouraging US manufactures to sell their products through them. One item they showed got my attention right away. Its called the Kettle Pizza. A device that turns your 18 1/2" or 22 1/2" Weber into a pizza oven. It's made of an adjustable stainless steel ring that your Weber lid sits on. I glanced at the assembly and operating instructions on their website and realized that already having a Slow N' Sear, this could be a perfect match. As per their charcoal directions, you form a big C and add chunks of wood on the back side of the grill to get to the necessary heat level. I know the Slow N' Sear is going to create a lot more heat than their method. If anything, you might have to throttle back the amount of charcoal a little. It remains to be seen how well this will actually work. But if it does, the price of this compared to the price of a stand alone pizza oven would be wonderful. Here's their website: http://www.kettlepizza.com/

Meathead has that reviewed on the main site. I think it'd be great to use the SnS with it, although I don't own one to test it.

Comment

• oldsteve
      oldsteve commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm embarrassed, I thought I had read every review on Amazing Ribs. How do I delete this post?

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee I'll take that test on sometime this summer. My gut says it helps it. Hard to say I use wood for the most part.
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; July 19, 2015, 07:45 PM.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Jon Solberg I'm betting a full chimney of rip-roaring coals will do great for a quick cook pizza, or two, or three.

No worries Steve! We appreciate your enthusiasm for it, we can leave it unless you really want it gone. ?

Comment

It's good reading and info for us nubies.

Comment

I like reading EVERYTHING on this wonderful website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I bought this device over a year ago and will attest that it allows you to make great wood fired pizzas. Be careful however, you can run the internal temp up to >600 degrees F. Pizza's come out great but you need to be quick and make sure you've got nothing flammable nearby. We get a can full of coals going, put them in a C configuration at the back of the grill opposite the opening and then chuck small hunks of hard wood on top of the coals. We also use a ceramic pizza stone and a large pizza peel liberally coated with corn starch to assist the slide onto the stone.

Comment

• Dr ROK
            Dr ROK commented
            Editing a comment
            How many pizzas can you cook on a load of coal & wood chunks?

Hey Dr ROK - wasn't keeping up on these posts. In answer to your question we always double the dough recipe and can knock out at least a half dozen 6-8 in pizzas on one load of coals and wood.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here