Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook with SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook with SnS

The wife surprised me today at 2:45 saying get out there and fire up the grill, informed me we’re having steaks and will I be using the just arrived SnS. No pressure! The coals are now right underneath the grill, which is perfect for steaks and should help with chicken as well. It was a big improvement from prior attempts. One picture was all I got before they were whisked off the grill by the vultures.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CCE98292-E055-4B62-8F6D-FCCC6B0E33FC.jpeg
Views:	372
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	893581

Very nice! SnS!

Comment

The SnS is a permanent fixture in my Webers.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        MTurney what kind of charcoal are you using? For 225, I have my bottom vent almost closed, maybe 1/3 open, and the top about 1/3 to 1/2 open. For that bottom vent, you really need to see where the ash sweep handle needs to be while looking at the actual ash sweeps. Most of the area of interest is in the first inch or two of the ash sweep handle movement.

• MTurney
        MTurney commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones I use a leave in probe in the meat and a thermometer to keep track of the ambient temp in the Kettle, both Thermoworks. jfmorris I typically use Kingsford original. Usually I’m good for the first hour but once the coals get about half the way through the SnS the temp spikes. I’ve been keeping the bottom vent barely open, about 1/4, and the top vent all the way open...I’ll try closing off the top a little. Thanks guys!!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        MTurney yeah my top vent when smoking is never more than 1/3 to 1/2 open. That might be the difference.

Whohoo!

Comment

Good job by you and the SnS Sir.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Looking good! SNS is a must have for the Weber kettle. Great for reverse sear or low and slow.

Comment

MTurney when I go for low snd slow on the SnS I light only a few coals (10-12) on one end, then pour in unlit. Work the vents from there.

Comment

Isn’t it amazing when ya know ya growed up!
                Last edited by FireMan; August 9, 2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Grrrr!

My SNS live's in my Weber. I would be willing to come over and sample some dishes any time.

Comment

Your life is forever changed...

Kathryn

Comment

I would definitely keep the WIFE. Good looking cook, enjoy your Slow n Sear

Comment

Great product and great company. Good work there!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here