Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber 22” Stainless lid hinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber 22” Stainless lid hinge

Hi all,

Hope we are all well?

I was think about adding a lid hinge to my 15 year old Weber 22” (before the days of the One Touch, with the three bottom vents). Here is a link to the product.

Anyone install one on their grill?

Just wondering that if I fit one will I lose a little versatility? Getting a little more into this BBQ lark and being able to "crack the lid" to the side was useful (Followed a brilliant quick sear video on YouTube by David Parrish on some fillet steaks that I did last week).

I have it and love it. Wish I had it on from the get go.

Comment

Thanks Jerod,

When I have stuff on the grill, latching the lid in the side of the kettle can be a pain and I really don't want to set it down.

I think I have my next purchase lined up!

Comment

I have one as well. Might be a different brand. Love it. It has a pin that you can remove so you can take the lid off completely if you want.

Comment

• StrangelyBrown
          StrangelyBrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Like the idea of being able to remove, would make cleaning easier. Do you have a link Steve?

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          What I found is the same one you posted. So what I have is probably the same one.

I like mine too. I do wish I had put the hinge at 10 or 11 o'clock instead of 9 o'clock, (from where I stand when using the grill). It has not interfered with using the kettle, but just seems a bit close.

Comment

This is the same hinge I added a few years ago. It worked great and was easy to install. It also locks into the open position, so there's no chance of it slamming down.
          Last edited by Steve R.; May 9, 2020, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I am putting one on this summer. as I finish building my outdoor kitchen.

Comment

Those old kettles are the best. I have an old brownie. I put one of those hinges on my 22” WSM. Works great.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I don't have a hinge on any of my kettles, I look forward to hearing how you like it.
                Have you dated your kettle? Check this out. http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never dated a kettle, but I did date a smoker many years ago.

• StrangelyBrown
                  StrangelyBrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL RonB. I'll take a look, but I got the Go Anywhere (little square thing) when my wife and I moved into our first flat and I think I got the 22" around the time we got married, so that would be 2007, so 13 odd years ago.

I installed the hinge and love it. You just have to be careful if it’s very windy. When open it can actually act like a sailboat. Not good if you have a kettle full of lit charcoal and you live in a condo likeI do.

Easy install and I’m handyman challenged. The seal actually got tighter after the install?

Comment

If I had a standalone kettle still, and not my Performer which has a lid holder, I would get one of these for sure.

Comment

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a Performer and added the hinge anyway...

I’ve considered this, then left the idea behind. But, now seeing this thread, I’m reconsidering. Especially with my use of the kettle up a bit.

Hmmmmmm. Another Covid purchase????

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here