Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Vortex

A while back someone wanted measurements for the SnS so they could copy it. I thought that was kind of lousy and I was a bit critical.

A couple of years ago I cut the bottom off of a no longer used stainless steel bowl and made a poortex.

So as not to be hypocritical, I finally ponied up for the real thing. I’m feeling much better now. 😁

Click image for larger version  Name:	37E202A4-BF2C-46B4-9ECD-62920A8880B1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	840844
    Last edited by troymeister; May 2, 2020, 03:13 PM.

Get some wings going. Enjoy...

Comment

For me, the Vortex was one of the better equipment purchases I made. I use it specifically for certain recipes with great success. Can’t say the same for the SnS. Gave it to my brother.

Comment

• kenrobin
        kenrobin commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear nothing but great things about the SnS. Why didn’t it work for you?

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        And that’s why I bought it. Hearted nothing but great things about the SnS. It’s been awhile, but as I remember I was always fighting temperature fluctuations.

Originally posted by TripleB View Post
      For me, the Vortex was one of the better equipment purchases I made. I use it specifically for certain recipes with great success. Can’t say the same for the SnS. Gave it to my brother.
      I feel like you can only do wings with the vortex.

Comment

• TripleB
        TripleB commented
        Editing a comment
        Wings, thighs, legs all work great. If you turn the Vortex over, you can place a whole chicken inside on a pedestal for some great roasted chicken. Place the coals outside, around the Vortex.

Wing. Cooking. Machine

Oh sure, it can be used in all sorts o’ ways..,but I really like it for wings. I use it on my WSCGC.

Comment

Certainly a wonderful tool to have handy, with a kettle cooker, I'd even go so far as to even consider mine indispensible...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Due to havin a few kettles, I also have a few Vortexes, (Vortices?) what fit either 22.5", or 26.75" kettles.

Over all I think the SnS I a much more versatile tool. However sometimes ya just need to crank up to 11...The Vortex does just that. So to me both tools in the arsenal is the way to go.

Comment

Yes the vortex is a wing cooking machine.
          But. Flip that puppy so the larger opening faces up and you got yourself an incredible searing station.
          Now don’t get me wrong. I love my SnS. It’s just that each has their own place in my repertoire.

Comment

troymeister Steve B I absolutely agree re: th SnS; I have 4 regular, 2 XL, charcoal basket fer th 18.5", 3 DnG, etc.
            That bein said, I will stand by 'indispensible', fer my Vortexes. Same holds true fer my SnS's...indispensible.
            Like yall both done said, it comes down to pickin th right tool fer a certain task...I likeys options.

Comment

Nice! The Vortex is a great tool, especially for wings.

Comment

I'm still going to say the SnS is a total kettle cooking revolution and a game changer, at least it was and is for me. But I'm darn glad to have the Vortex too...

Comment

Not only great for chicken but I love using it to cook pork steaks.....especially char siu!

Comment

Vortex and chicken parts are a match made in heaven. Other than that I like your table.

Comment

I use the vortex for beer brats too. Simmer the brats in some brewskis then finish them with the vortex when I am doing chicken. Beautiful.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here