Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS 2.0 and a Napoleon Pro Kettle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS 2.0 and a Napoleon Pro Kettle?

A question for anyone else who uses an SnS 2.0 with a Napoleon Pro kettle. On the Napoleon, there are 3 levels you can set the cooking grate to. The tabs that the grate sits on when at its lowest level are just a little bit lower than the top of the SnS so it doesn't sit flush with the side of the kettle. Should I worry about that? Remove the tabs? Go with the flow? Thanks!

I like a little gap with my 26 and its SnS for airflow. So go with the flow imo.

Comment

From SnS:

What grills work with the Original and Deluxe Slow 'N Sear?

All 22” Napoleon® kettles: NK22CK-L, PRO22K-LEG, PRO22K-CART-2

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Max, I actually checked that before I ordered. :-)

Try it out and see what happens. On my Webers I force air through my SNS units from the bottom by foiling off everything at the grate level. If you have a little bit of a gap I don't think that would really make much difference.

Comment

I figured it out, all I had to do was to tip the SnS as I put it in the kettle and it slipped right under the tabs. Spatial reasoning has never been one of my strengths. Except for overhead bins, which doesn't do me any good now. :-)

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually the above is a lie. I didn't figure it out, I posted on the SnS Facebook group and a lovely woman from Northern Ireland who also happens to have a Napoleon kettle clued me in, she was even kind enough to send me some pictures. Thanks Gillian!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here