Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib rack for Weber 22.5" One Touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib rack for Weber 22.5" One Touch?

Looking for suggestions or ideas on what works well on these grills for smoking ribs? Pros and cons etc based on your exp? Thanks!

I have weber rib racks and they work fine. use them for leg quarter's and also for tri tips just don't overload them leave for circulation and they work fine and you can cook more food, bonus!!!!

Comment

I'll second that! I thought I had a Weber rib rack, but it must be an old design. It looks significantly different than current ones.

I recently cooked ribs for 10 hungry 14 year olds. Using a 22" kettle, I had four racks in the charcoal grate level in the rack, 3 on the main level laid out on the indirect side, and 2 on the hovergrill in the top. That grill was maxed out - but it worked out well. I did have to rotate ribs around. http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...e-w-smokenator.

Interested in the new Slow-n-Sear ABC is getting ready to Kickstart. May take away a little room in the bottom, but looks like a great device.

Comment

Unfortunately, the one that MH recommends on the accessories page (http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_gu...cessories.html) appears to have been discontinued by Weber, at least according to Amazon. I think of the more important features was sufficient room for airflow.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to Amazon and enter Weber rib rack in the search box and they have many to choose from.

• The Burn
          The Burn commented
          Editing a comment
          DWCowles, I know there are other models, but nothing like the Weber that MH liked (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000WEPFOA). I've not used any of them, just reporting on the Gold Medal holder

Welcome to The Pit Meat! You just want to make sure you have enough space between the racks to ensure good air & smoke flow, as the others have pointed out Meathead's fav is a wise choice. As MrSkimo mentioned, there's a new device to add to a kettle that will help ensure you have an excellent smoking experience on your kettle, The "Slow 'N Sear" from Adrenaline Barbecue Company. Check out the Kickstarter here. It will be thr best thing you can get along with your rack to do up some proper ribs.

Also, since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Awesome, thank you all for the replies!!

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Great friggin' name guy!!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here