Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the Slow 'N Sear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm in. Made my pledge today. Can't wait.

Comment

40% funded and 24 days to go .. lookin good!!!

Comment

I have read this will work on the Weber 26.75" kettle, but I haven't seen where anyone has tested it. I own a 26.75" and am currently using the 2 bricks and a loaf pan method with great results. However, I am always looking to simply things. Currently, I am lucky to get an hour and a half out my loaf pan of water and would like to have the option of not lifting the lid for at least 3-4 hours. Since the SnS is made more to the proportions of a 22.5" kettle would the fuel consumption be greater in a 26.75"? I guess my question should be, in a side-by-side comparison, 22.5" vs. 26.75", how long can you maintain 250-325 degrees? I am assuming the fuel consumption would be a little greater in the larger kettle, but you know what happens when one assumes.

Comment

Craigar we haven't tested the 26 yet, but it's on the books for "soon". My theory is the temps and fuel usage will be barely different. Of much greater difference would be using the grill in wind, cold, or rain than identical weather on a 22 vs 26. But again, we hope to test soon so we know for sure

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Huskee that was my thinking too, I just wanted to hear it from a pro. I just might have to pony up so I can be a tester on a 26.75" kettle!

Not sure what your production plans are but you might consider contacting these guys to make your SS parts.
        Acorn Engineering, http://www.acorneng.com/

They make the stainless steel parts that I use for my wall mounted vanities that I supply to a big box store in north America (my day job) and have production in California and in Mexico.
        They might be able to get your cost down and improve the margin due to their capabilities.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          We've got a plan. Thanks though!

Folks I have Good news and Bad news today.

First up is the bad news... I have to cancel the KickStarter project. I'll be transparent why. My day job told me to. They said I could manufacture and sell the SnS no problem, but I couldn't crowd source funding.

The good news... That's OK. We're launching anyway and will be able to ship sooner because we don't have to wait for the KickStarter project to end and be funded.

We're setting up the E-Commerce stuff and will be selling and shipping as soon as we can. Should be by the end of the month. Stay tuned!

Comment

• Drbearsec
          Drbearsec commented
          Editing a comment
          Jerod: Sounds like poor corporate policy, IMHO. Unless Pit Boss works for a grilling or other company... or he works for a crowd sourcing company.

I'm guessing that the company may see it as a potential risk avenue for kickbacks, etc. and are being overly cautious about it. But who knows.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Drbearsec, it makes perfect sense. He works with big companies, and if he's running a crowdfunding setup there's the potential for one of those companies to donate to his kickstarter and 'influence' him in his day job. Complicated but it makes sense.

• Drbearsec
          Drbearsec commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee There you have it then. I think the corp is being a little too risk adverse on it, but is what it is...

That's great news David Parrish. Can't wait!

Comment

Thanks David Parrish. I'm ready to place an order as soon as the online ordering is up. I hope that you have great success and fun with this endeavor no matter what bumps come along.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks FuzzyD! There's a pretty nice upside to cancelling the KS project. We're going to be able to sell the Slow 'N Sear much sooner now!

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I just got home from a week long trip to Vancouver yesterday and am getting caught up... before I have to go back tomorrow morning. Yay me.

I found this post yesterday and before I read to the end, I pledged on Kickstarter. Now that that campaign has been cancelled, will I be notified when the product is available?

Comment

Originally posted by RJHinPDX View Post
            I found this post yesterday and before I read to the end, I pledged on Kickstarter. Now that that campaign has been cancelled, will I be notified when the product is available?

Thanks for the support! Sign up here and we'll notify you as soon as we start taking orders. We already have the storefront setup, but we're waiting for the CC processing to go live. We expect we'll be taking orders by the end of this week.

We will be selling the limited edition hand made Slow 'N Sears for $139 and those will ship in the next few weeks. Mass produced pricing and ship dates is still being determined.

Comment

• johnsteen
              johnsteen commented
              Editing a comment
              I had pledged for the $200 limited edition a couple of weeks ago. Where do I pay for it now the kick start is dead. Don't see where to make the $139 payment if that is correct...thanks

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Give us your email at this link: http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#!shop/c2037

We're working on the payment process and hope to have it working this week. Once it's live, we'll email you and let you know so you can purchase. Thanks for the support!

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              johnsteen sorry I realized I missed one of your questions. The $139 purchase price will get you the same SnS that you were going to receive with your $200 pledge.

Email submitted via the abcbarbecue link...and I'm ready to order! My 26" Weber kettle is in a holding pattern, well not actually, but I bet I'll have a good deal to offer on a used smokenator sometime soon.

Comment

Woots... I am ready for one of these! Almost... I need a new kettle now (DARN!), I dont have a 22 any longer.

Still trying to figure out what to tell the wife unit.

Comment

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                After shopping a little... I am pushing for a Copper Weber Performer for Fathers day... heh heh. I wonder if that will work?

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Good choice. Copper is my fav kettle color. The SnS will work with any 22" kettle, but I'd recommend getting a model with the hinged grate(which the performer of course has). Makes adding charcoal or wood a 30 second task. Tops.

Hey David Parrish or Huskee are you going have it setup so we can pay via PayPal?

Comment

David Parrish, can you tell us / do you know how many will be available in the first batch?

Comment

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                The first batch will be the locally sourced limited edition version that runs $139. I've ordered a hundred.

David Parrish, I pledged $200 for the kickstart campaign. Now that the kickstart is cancelled, will I be given an opportunity to buy an SNS during the first batch of sales? I already entered my email address on ABC's website.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here