Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I start the S&S/D&G combo on Weber performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I start the S&S/D&G combo on Weber performer

I do a lot of Weber griddling. I don’t like getting out the chimney starter, and it doesn’t require a lot of coals to griddle; too many coals and you can’t melt butter, it burns.

But if you have the gas start, it is really easy to short cut the process. Stack the coals, light the gas, when it is all ashed over spread ‘em out and griddle!

It would help if I added the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	80E36FF8-C6E8-446D-B458-BE887F8AC1B7.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	717153

Comment

LOL - thanks for the DUH moment Mosca . Never even considered pulling the SNS out to the gas flame.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        It only took me a year and about 50 cooks.

Very cool info, Brother!
      So, how many coals ya startin out with? addin some, once it's all goin?
      Tryin to save me bout 50 cooks...
      P.S. What griddle are ya been usin?

Comment

Duh! Of course! Thanks for taking one for the team, and the pic.

Comment

Great minds Mosca ! I do this with my SnS with low and slow cooks. I put 6-8 briquettes in the SnS and put them over the starter flame. When they ash over I push them to one end then add my wood and the rest of the charcoal. I find this gets me up to cooking temp faster.

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            You know what, there’s no rule that says we can’t put the corner of the S&S over the flame. Save all that pushing around. Conservation of energy ‘n ‘at.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here