Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABC Porcelain Drip 'N Roast pan vs Drip ' Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABC Porcelain Drip 'N Roast pan vs Drip ' Griddle

Hi All, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with, or has heard any reviews of the ABC Drip 'N Roast Porcelain drip pan. I will most likely only be using it for a drip pan (I already have a cast iron griddle) so I was thinking I would save the extra $30 over the Drip 'N Griddle SS pan. Thoughts?

I didn't realize he made such an animal but went and looked at it. Personally I'd spend the extra $30 and get the stainless model, but that's me. The porcelain has a shelf life and will eventually be problematic I would think. They also state that it can't be used over open flame so it's really not a true griddle. Guess it's a good grease catcher that may serve as a roasting pan of some sort. I'd pass personally but that's strictly an observation.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree go with the SS. Porcelain is prone to crazing and not good with high heat. The SS will last a life time.

Go with Stainless. Just my 3 cents........

Comment

$70 will buy a lot of tin foil roasting pans. :-)

Comment

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        Seriously. I own the DnG because i used it as a griddle. Now that i have a blackstone its been relegated to being a very over qualified drip pan. You dont have to clean throw away foil roasting pans

Thanks for the feedback everyone. pkadare I hear what you are saying, but I wasn't sure it a foil drip pan would effect the air flow in the kettle. I suppose I could go with the low profile type....

Comment

efincoop if you really will only use it as a drip pan, by all means save your cash. I use my stainless DNG as a drip pan 90% of the time, and a griddle 10% of the time probably. I like to wrap it in the 18" heavy duty foil, to make cleanup easier the day after a long cook on the kettle. That gives the grease time to congeal, and I can just wrap the foil around it and toss it in the trash. Invariably I will find that a little grease makes it through or around the foil, and I just hit the DNG with the hose and a little dish soap and a scrubbing pad.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here