Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS Spits When Adding Boiling Water--Normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS Spits When Adding Boiling Water--Normal?

Did a low 'n slow test run (no meat) with the SnS and DnG; started w/25 KBB per ABC tri tip instructions and added 1 qt. boiling water after 20 minutes, about 1/4 of coals ashed. Poured boiling water into the cool end and it spit significantly from the hot end, covering the DnG and making a mess in the ash catcher (discovered the next day). Normal or bad technique?

Hot coals- water- Pour slow.

Comment

I’m sure there’s some reason not to do this, but I own two Dave-mobiles and I just add water before I add the hot coals. Haven’t seen any adverse results after dozens of cooks. But that’s me.

Comment

Mine is split a little on the hot end. I think I added cool water to it when it was hot. No leaks after lots of use so no worries!

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe I read wrong? Did yours just "Spit" like boiling over a little?

I apologize I misread your post. I didn’t realize it broke. I thought it was "spitting" not "split."

if it broke I would contact Adrenaline and ask for another. My cooks are too many to number and mine are just fine.

my glasses are in the bedroom and I’m in my recliner with coffee

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          I read 'spit'. But then I'm originally from California, so maybe it's a too much sun and sand thing....

"Spit" it was--"boiled over" might have been more professional! Yes, I will pour more slowly and maybe add the boiling water very soon after I light the starter coals. I'm doing tri tips for real today and don't want to screw it up. Thanks!

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          I tend to move my kettle around so I wait til the last second to add water. Slow for sure. Happy cooking.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here