Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First SnS Cook Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would do ribs or chicken. Both are pretty cheap and the cook will not last too long.

If you are into doing steaks and chops more, let it rip!

Congrats on the new toy!

Comment

• ClayJones
      ClayJones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man!

Good call. Read this late but spatchcocked chicken is round 2, ribs round 3.

Debrief: I ended up sticking with the Wibeye and adding in a pork shoulder as Attjack suggested. Man, y'all were so right, loving this thing! Mr. Kettle just jumped up to first string! I still love my Lang but as jfmorris was saying, the SnS is clearly going to turn into my goto. For the low and slow smoke I wouldn't say the results are the same, but it's clearly easier and cheaper while still being delicious. Not having to chop up that wood and constantly add fuel is so much more chill.

For the Wibeye though... man... Absolutely the best option I have. Can't see myself doing it any other way from here on unless the weather is AWFUL or ... well that's probably it.

Polarbear777 that's exactly how it went... Big ol Wibeye for lunch (and second lunch) while I settled in for the long shoulder cook.

The only hiccup came from the shoulder hitting a second stall... Ugh! It was a 5lber and stalled again at 193, right when I thought I was about to get my eat on. Stalled almost an hour there before I decided to just yank it and be done. I was worried this second batch of evaporation was me loosing all the moisture I wanted it to keep. That turned out to be the way to go because the results were the best pulled pork I've cooked so far.

I'll still be using the Anova now-and-then because it's so easy and I'd say it's more moist too, but it does not have the crust or the flavor. Will be back with a couple pics tonight.

Comment

The results

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1240.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	682415

Name:	DSC_1248-2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	682418

Name:	DSC_1256.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	682417

Name:	DSC_1262.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	682416

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here