Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check Out This Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Out This Setup

Just stumbled upon this less than spectacular (in fact pretty poor) brisket cook. Pay attention; however, to the minion setup this guy has on his Weber kettle starting at the 1:06 mark of the video. Love to have a ring like that !!!

More snake/fuse than Minion, but yeah that'll do the trick... You couldn't pay me enough to spend the time to do that though

Comment

• aladdin4d
      aladdin4d commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I could be paid enough to do it but the payment would have to be large enough to cover the cost of an SnS so I'd never have to do it again.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      You know that after the first row is laid, for every briquette stacked 3 fall off.

I remember a day when I would count my coals. Then I said "WHAT THE HECK HAVE I BECOME!" The Virgo in me respects this a lot.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      My sag says something like "sail on, sail on, Sailor"!

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      have a few shantys i am fond of myself EdF

You know screw the stacking of the coals, I just want that ring. I'd even buy a separate grate and attach the ring to it somehow. Then you could just drop the coals between the ring and the kettle wall randomly. I think it would make a dandy smoker attachment, free up a lot of space and be easy to maintain. The rest of you guys worry about what method to call it and how many briquettes and what the stacking arrangement is.....I'm cookin' !!!

Comment

I've often thought about making a snake corral that would allow you to just dump your briquettes into it without spending the 5 minutes it takes to set up a snake by hand. That ring in the video doesn't appear to be it.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        texastweeter I think it would need to be a ring. Even with drainage holes it seems like the airflow would be affected otherwise.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        This is kind of what I have in mind. Expanded steel: https://www.cmrp.com/blog/bending/ca...nd-curved.html

I have no idea how the average Joe would do this in his garage, but it would work.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like that would work to me, Steve R.

Let he who is without BBQ disasters cast the first briquette.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        With you on that, Boss!

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. Is now writing in the sand with his foot...

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        So does that awaken the entrepreneurial bbq spirits?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here