Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positioning the S'n'S Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positioning the S'n'S Question

Do any of you have a preference for locating the S'n'S relative to the three slots in the Weber kettle bottom? Over a single slot or over two slots (angled)? I will be using the D'n'G (located on the charcoal grate) most of the time. I ask this prior to drilling probe cable holes in the kettle bottom (thinking ahead for a change).

Thanks!

I never worried about the slots, I just have it against the "side" near the handle.

Comment

Same here. Doesn’t matter.

Comment

I have a SnS on the left side of my copper kettle and one on the right side of my red kettle (table between the 2 kettles), so it makes no difference.

Comment

Put it where it best suits you. Then cover the rest of the charcoal grate. You can use foil or a DnG. That way the air has to go through the SnS.

Comment

I put a lid hinge at 9 o'clock on my W22 so the SnS, logically in my mind, is at the 12 o'clock position. With the DnG at 6 o'clock I doubt that vent position matters much.

Comment

Exactly as everyone else said is doesnt matter. Once you put the dng in or foil the rest of the grate all of the incoming air will go through the sns.

Comment

I have the SNS on the front of my Performer, so that the vent is to the rear, and the lid will fit into the holder to the left.

Comment

Why not defy convention and put it in the middle. That way you have room on either side

Comment

I have only ever concerned myself with where the top vents are.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here