Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoker / Grill Gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoker / Grill Gaskets

I have decided to purchase gaskets for my three cookers.

I've decided on the Fireblack Gasket w/LavaLock self stick backing.

I'm gonna seal my 22" Weber Kettle, my PBC and my Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault.

I have a few questions

My Kettle and PBC are about 2 yrs old. What's the best method to clean the area the gasket is going to be stuck onto?

For the Kettle and PBC should I stick the gasket to the lid, cooker or both?

The Smoke Vault has not been used yet so I should be able to figure that out.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

Depending on how bad they are, oven cleaner or this stuff (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) followed by some alcohol. Be sure you get that last ingredient all the way off before making any fire.

Comment

On the PBC, the gasket is installed only on the lid. Make sure it's thin enough that it doesn't fill the groove in the lid and wind up scooting around on the barrel lip instead of sealing.

Comment

ssandy_561, I Used The Self Stick On My Ok Joe Highland Offset Stick Burner On Both The Cook Chamber And The FireBox Doors❗️ It Was Put On Before The First Cook, Everything Was Cleand With
        Alcohol Before The High Temp WX Strip Was Installed‼️ In Particular The FireBox Gaskets Came Loose❓
        I'm Going To Use High Temp RTV To Affix Them Next Time❗️❓❗️ The Stick Burner FireBox May Be Hotter
        Than Your Weber❓❗️❓ From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	548368Click image for larger version

Views:	145
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	548367Click image for larger version

Views:	166
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	548369Click image for larger version

Views:	130
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	548370Click image for larger version

Views:	130
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	548371

Comment

On the kettle. it goes on the lip of the lid - the horizontal part.

Comment

I used the same product on my 22” kettle and PBC a few weeks ago. So far so good.

Here another post where some methods were discussed in detail.
            https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...aning-the-gunk

Comment

I used the self-stick gaskets on several of my cookers. After about a year or sixteen months they are failing. Probably need to buy the glue on type but not confident that would matter. Heat and mechanical abuse tear them up,;

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here