Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNS with ThermoPro TP20 vs SNS with DripGriddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNS with ThermoPro TP20 vs SNS with DripGriddle

Hello everyone. I have been going back and forth on which to purchase on a budget. I've had my Weber Kettle Masters Touch for a year now and absolutely love it. I'm trying to take my grilling to the next level and was wondering whether to get the SNS with a ThermoPro TP20 or get the SNS with the Drip Griddle. I would like to monitor my cooks with the ThermoPro but the Drip Griddle I could use to cook fajitas, breakfast, etc. Hope you guys can help. Thanks!

If you are looking for the next level get the thermometer; it is essential. The Drip Griddle can wait.

Comment

I agree with the above. You can put a double layer of foil down on the charcoal grate opposite the SnS, where the DnG would sit, to catch drips. A thermometer is more important first.

Comment

I agree with the above comments. Until you can pull your protein off the heat at the exact temp you need, you are just guessin'. Same thing with pit temps.

Comment

Forget the griddle.

Comment

A thermometer for sure. Then go to a garage sale or thrift shop and buy some cast iron pans for cheap.

Comment

Agree with everyone else - you MUST have a decent thermometer that monitors pit and meat temps while doing low and slow. The Drip 'N Griddle is great, but the thermometer needs to come even before the SNS itself! You can make great 'cue on the kettle without the SNS if you setup the charcoal right, but you MUST know what temp you are cooking at, and what temp the meat is at.

Comment

• cftarnas
                cftarnas commented
                Editing a comment
                I couldn't agree more, IMHO order of priority: kettle, thermometer, SNS, griddle.

• Polarbear777
                Polarbear777 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thermometer first, then kettle, then SNS, the DnG. :-)

Thank you for answering my question. I appreciate it.

Comment

Sure a good thermometer is essential but don't sell the drip n griddle short. Using it in drip pan mode provides consistent air flow to the SNS for repeatable temp control.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here