Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After years of being a charcoal starter cheapskate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

What? Torch lighting charcoal? Slow down and smell the flame boys... lol Weber chimneys are superior after using a couple different bargain types over the years. I use the full size for the Weber SNS and the smaller version for the PBC which works better than PBC's chimney (sorry Noah).

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks awesome, EdF !

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        With the BBQ Dragon itself, it's just awesome. And the Dragon can be used so many ways!

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great. Have often wondered about BBQ Dragon chimney.

Of course there's always the alternative.....

Comment

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        I confess I use weber lighter cubes and not newspaper in my chimneys so probably only slightly better than fluid.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I still have a container of this on my shelf in my garage. The label has completely melted off the outside. I think it's been there since 1999 but not sure. I use it to clean tools with, great stuff for that !!!

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I use cubes too because newspaper results in a lot if ash.

I'm going to pour a platform for the barstools I got for my outdoor kitchen's bar. Right now I start my chimneys in that area so I'm going to build in a removable metal grate where I can light a couple chimneys. Maybe I should go nuts and put in a fan.

Comment

I also use a Camp Chef steel table to light / fill chimeys which also doubles as dutch oven cook space for sides: https://www.campchef.com/camp-table-with-legs-32.html

Comment

I have a Weber Chimney and one of the BBQ Dragon chimneys. I love how the BBQ Dragon chimney works and when you throw the fan in there it lights up really quickly. But it is almost rusted through after a couple years and the Weber chimney is still going strong with no real signs of damage anywhere. Hard to beat it for $15.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here