Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally did it.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself a Slow ‘N Sear. It’s the 2.0 and I was lucky enough to get one of the limited edition ones. Now....what to grill first, David Parrish ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6252FD4-66CA-40AF-9D76-AEF41CF2FE76.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	513429

Ribeye steak... Click image for larger version

Name:	ribeye1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	622.0 KB
ID:	513437Click image for larger version

Name:	ribeye2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	513438

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      What a great pic!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Killer pic!

• Livermoron
      Livermoron commented
      Editing a comment
      Another shameless product plug; the bacon bits you see on the salad are homemade bacon, done in the PBC...

Which one? Oh to choose! 👍

The matter at hand, throw on a couple of steaks & relish in the event or invite a few friends & do some burgers & wow them with the sear.

Comment

That is a nice item!

I'm going to say RIBS. Ribs is where the actual design and useage of the S&S is at its best: the slow burn, the water channel, the perfect dual zone.

Otherwise, I'd do burgers, because I love burgers more than any other food in the world.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Ribs are always my first on a cooker or upgrade.
      Steaks are always my diet kick off.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Likewise, followed by chicken, then ...

what makes it a limited edition?

Comment

• Pow7der
      Pow7der commented
      Editing a comment
      The first 200 are etched and numbered along with a certificate.

Congratulations DoubleUpOrQuit , you are going to like the SnS a lot!!

Comment

One rack to eat while the butt finishes cooking.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        "One rack to rule them all, one rack to find them, one rack to bring them all and in the eating bind them"!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I have that inscribed on the inside of my kettle. But you can only see it when it's hot. EdF

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL! But so true!

Enjoy I know I did

Comment

A great addition to a kettle.

Comment

Also, over the years I’ve used my Smokey Joe for smaller cooks: one or two burgers, dogs, steaks, etc. But the kettle with S&S uses the same amount of charcoal and is much easier cleanup, and frees up real estate on the deck. The SJ is getting moved to storage. It will still see some use, I’m sure, but for everyday use the S&S is a better choice.

Comment

It wouldn’t have been my first choice to break in the SnS, but my folks are visiting and requested one of my meatloafs. So...being the wonderful son I am I made a meatloaf. I had the most consistent
            temps I think I’ve ever had on my Weber. I can’t wait to really put it through the paces, but this was a good easy cook to start with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC0C7E53-2E2E-479A-8EF2-443F9BA3A828.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	514457

Comment

• Skip
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              Good Looking Meatloaf!

• JeffJ
              JeffJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Meatloaf on the grill absolutely rocks!

Meatloaf looks killer. So cool seeing the 2.0s seeing action!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here