Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow'n Sear 2.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow'n Sear 2.0!

Slow'n Sear 2.0 number 21 baby! Oh yeh!

First thing I see is the meathead book lol. Can't wait to try it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180608_165905.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	513164Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180608_165957.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	513165

Are you going to burn the book? : 0

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      ....no cuz it would produce acrid smoke

Bonafide! Congrats, amigo!
    I'm certain th two of ya will be Very Happy!

Comment

I like the increased size of the openings on the bottom.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I've always heard that size matters.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        A drill took care of that .....

I do think this is better than V1. The holes in bottom are nice and work better. But of course nothing that couldn't be fixed on the old one if you had that option. The thing works great for me after having a couple cooks on it. Much better design with removable water tank.

Comment

May I ask when I should remove the water pan? I.e. what’s the big win? I have an SnS and use it on a regular basis. Never seen the need to have a removable pan, what am I missing? I’m sure there’s a good reason for it.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Huskee, makes sense.

• ColonialDawg
          ColonialDawg commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker I’d like to remove it for a few reasons: 1) Prevent grease and debris from dripping in it when not in use, 2) Easier to clean, 3) more space for searing and holding more charcoal for longer smokes

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense to me. ColonialDawg

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here