Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoa, she said, "Go ahead"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa, she said, "Go ahead"!

I'm that guy, who just orders things, figuring forgiveness is better than permission, and anyhow most things she never even sees.... I ordered the Weber Performer and assembled it on the deck, and threw the boxes out with the trash, and she didn't notice it for almost a month.

But I wasn't going to get away with ordering a new BGE table, that one would get noticed real quick. So I had to ask. I texted her, and that was the two word response:

"Go ahead"

I looked at the Challenger tables: beautiful, but pricey. I looked at the new modular tables from BGE: slick idea, but still kinda too much. So, I settled on a nice wooden finished table from JJGeorge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0063-JJGeorge100914__14795.1510404651.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	512967

That's what she..........oh..........nevermind!

Comment

In these situations I order as quickly as possible so there isn't time for her to change her mind! The table looks nice Mosca

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, the click was placed immediately. It was sitting in the cart waiting.

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Good on you! Hope to see it on your deck soon Mosca

Looks great!

Comment

hmmmm , I've got a BGE in need of a table too......lousy rinky dink pop up vinyl shelves.

Comment

very nice

Comment

I'm with ComfortablyNumb When I get the green light there is litterally seconds between the OK and the order. If not, conditions get added or minds changed. Nice looking table!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              Oh yes, the dreaded 'conditions'. Sometimes they can be worse than the denial!!

• Livermoron
              Livermoron commented
              Editing a comment
              I think we're all that way.

"Sorry babe, torpedo's in the water...can't call it back now..."

Nice looking table.

Comment

Hey Mosca, it is an opportunity to maybe do an add on. Just thinking ya know. I mean it is the time you may not have again.

Comment

So she tabled the discussion with two words? Nice....
                Last edited by RonB; June 8, 2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

That's a great table, Mosca ... and these folks seem to think so, too: http://outdoormancave.com/best-big-green-egg-table/

Congrats!

Comment

• Attjack
                    Attjack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like my kind of website.

Was it you or someone else I asked last week if I could give your wife my wife's number?? Lol. Congrats!

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good point ComfortablyNumb My thoughts are as long as there's 17 pairs of shoes in the closet and 17 bottles of shampoo & such in the shower then I get 17 grills & accessories.... I haven't spoken these thoughts out loud though...

• ComfortablyNumb
                    Editing a comment
                    I can see a cartoon where a husband is out grilling and the wife is saying to him, "One of the AR wives told me about the new (insert BBQ item here) that is all the talk on the forum. Forget about it, don't even ask." Huskee

• ComfortablyNumb
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, and your secret is safe with us as long as the whiskey glass is full......

Sweeeet. I was looking at those tables for my KJ jr. They make some pretty impressive pieces.

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The cheapest Challenger was $1700. The BGE Modular setup, to get it to about the same construction cost about $1000. This is $600 with shipping included. And, the sides are already assembled: attach to the shelf and top, do the casters, and it's done.

• Steve B
                    Steve B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mosca I guess that's pretty good than. They sure are nice looking.

Mosca, Beautiful Table, "Old Son"❗️ But You're Gonna Pay‼️ SomeHow, SomeWay, They NEVER FORGET‼️❓‼️ 🤗 😇 🤗
                  From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Amen, Cuz!

• Steve B
                    Steve B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You got that right brother

Oh the dreaded MCS rears its ugly head once again, entrapping us into doing unspeakable things that we would normally never do.....could this be labeled an addiction ? Oh what the heck, you only live once right? Nice table guy, enjoy !!!

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What daya mean we don’t normally do? We love doin IT. We live to do it. It runs in our veins like BBQ sauce or brine injection.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here