Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortex baked beans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex baked beans?

I went and got myself a vortex (medium) for my Weber 22.5" kettle. I was wondering if anyone has done some baked beans using the vortex. Seems easy enough to put the dutch oven over the vortex and snake the coals around it with some wood chunks. Just curious if anyone has done this and how they came out? There's nothing like some good smoke kissed baked beans as a side for...well just about anything.

Originally posted by ljk925 View Post
    I went and got myself a vortex (medium) for my Weber 22.5" kettle. I was wondering if anyone has done some baked beans using the vortex. Seems easy enough to put the dutch oven over the vortex and snake the coals around it with some wood chunks. Just curious if anyone has done this and how they came out? There's nothing like some good smoke kissed baked beans as a side for...well just about anything.
    This sounds like a good idea using the vortex small end down. This would help to keep the beans from sticking to bottom of pan I recon.

Comment

I would place the vortex upside down, (large opening towards the top) then put the coals around the bottom, on the outside. Then place the DO in the middle and let it ride. Add some wood to the coals and let it rip. Keep the lid damped down to make sure the heat doesn't get to hoot on the bottom of the DO.

Comment

This sounds like a pretty good idea.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here