Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hinge for 22 Copper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hinge for 22 Copper

Finally put this dude on. Think it came in over 3 weeks ago.

Soooo needed for grilling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170730_225715.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	354801

I couldnt use a hinge, I like to spin my lid to aim the vent at various stages.

Comment

• jacmac422
      jacmac422 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am with you, I really want one on my WSM but just the slide aside for me on standard Weber

• NortheastAl
      NortheastAl commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. The convenience of a hinge is outweighed by the ability to move the vent around. IMHO.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    I couldnt use a hinge, I like to spin my lid to aim the vent at various stages.
    The hole for my Auber doesn't move so I'm good.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Please be very careful Jerod. We don't want you to come unhinged...

It's about time you do something besides sleeping

Comment

Nice add-on. I every time I take the lid off of a kettle, the damn hanger tab is always on the opposite side when I go to hang the lid. This would be handy, provided it still allowed for a good seal all the way around. Nice work!

Comment

• rodkeary
        rodkeary commented
        Editing a comment
        I've installed the hinge on my 22 copper as well. Being a balcony BBQ'er I was limited for space and the hinge, although pricy, seemed to fit the bill. The seal is almost vacuum like. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        How tight the seal is depends on how carefully you install it. But it's not hard.

• rodkeary
        rodkeary commented
        Editing a comment
        My install and resulting tight seal was 100% pure luck. I'm absolutely useless with tools. When people see me with a power tool (borrowed) in my hand they run for safety. Hence my surprise.

Be careful with the lid up on windy days. Last year I had mine opened up and had a chimney of bricks in the kettle getting ready on a bit of a breezy day.

Went inside just to top off my drink and while looking thru the kitchen window I watched my kettle go sailing/rolling about about 8 feet across my patio. Looked kinda funny. Fortunately the wheels didn't snag on anything and tip over.

Comment

• rodkeary
        rodkeary commented
        Editing a comment
        Roger that. I have not had any such experience like yourself but I was thinking that with the lid up the kettle looks similar to a sailboat.I'd hate to think what would happen if it "took off" with a load of lit charcoal in it. I'm on the top floor. Could be very messy!!

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        If this is like my hinge, there is a pin you can easily pull out to remove the lid and set it aside if needed. I always take mine off when using the chimney lighter.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here