Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tinker Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinker Time

I got most of the smoke out of the way last night and the yards cut this morning after my 3 a.m. workout and before the rain moves through in a bit. That just means that it is... Tinker Time. I plan on putting the Smo-Bot through its maiden voyage tomorrow on the egg. And the Performer has enough cycles on it now to give the lid some "character" so it is time to seal it up. I might make a run to homo depot in a bit to get a hole stopper for the hole I am getting ready to drill through the side of the kettle also. Well, maybe... we will let Mr. Blanton make that decision.
    Attached Files

Fun times!

Comment

Smobot reporting for duty... Sealing in the kettle..
      Attached Files

Comment

Got mine yesterday. Ran at 200 for an hour then bumped to 325 for and hour. Held fine. From
        325 I cut the set temperature to 280. Took about 20 to 25 minutes to reach it. This was with the
        large green egg bottom vent open 1/4.
        Put on a 10 pound brisket at 5 AM. Been there for 6 hours and holding temperature well.

Comment

• johnsteen
          johnsteen commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the vent at least twice as wide open as before. So far it is all I hoped for. I don't know how to get the wifi working. I don't find a need for it but when they release the apps for the phone I will try again.

• FlaBouy
          FlaBouy commented
          Editing a comment
          WiFi was a challenge but I got it set up through the web account.. I initially had a pit t couple issue but if one looks real close the polarity on the connector is opposite the markings on the case... I am running a test roast in parallel with my Thermo probe to track temps

• FlaBouy
          FlaBouy commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW.. I am running my egg setup on the Performer... 😎

The science experiment..
        Attached Files

Comment

Off my phone...
          Attached Files

Comment

Pit temps are low because I am using standard lower vent settings... Just opened them another 50% but it is tracking nicely with the ThermPro..

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice and stable!

Still having issues with the pit Thermo... It just dropped to 39*... And vent went 100%...
            Attached Files

Comment

Graph...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hmnn....

Comment

• FlaBouy
                  FlaBouy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah... just contacted the developers. My day job is Industrial Controls Engineer so I deal with analog and T-Couple circuits and controllers every day. I suspect a bad probe or maybe a power issue on the T-Couple circuit. We shall see.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, at least you have the background to home in on the likely problem quickly!

The technology may be flaky but the pit boss is on his game...
                Attached Files

Comment

Trip tip might be worth eating..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just got off the phone with the developers... New unit to me by Wednesday.. customer service seems legit. They called me within 1/2 hour of sending an email..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here