Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow n Sear, Vortex too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! Th' "Toolbox" looks exactly, from th' outside, like a duplex.
    Most of th' outside walls out front, an' driveway, is filled with cookers, or tomato, n' hot pepper plants.
    Th' back walls are flanked by piles of split, seasoned hickory.

Th' Garage is home to many accessories, as well as a small fridge, which needs to be replaced by a Big one. Chimleys, extry grates, Smoky Joe's, an' what not...
    Inside, well, they is 2 vintage (red/blue) weber 22.5" kettles, 1 ("C-Code" first year) WSM 18.5, 2 SnS's, Vortex, 2 hovergrills, 1 SS 1/2 22.5" grill rack, 2 BBQ Dragon setups, 2 BBQ Dragon side shelfs, a small, (but quality-stocked) bar, 5 puters (currently) hooked up. Prob 4-500 antique telephones, a PBX (switchboard), git-fiddles, banjo, basses,harpoonius, amps, mics, accessories...(all vintage, natch, ain't got th' room to keep any Crapola!)
    Oh yeah, there's also a bathroom, bed, recliner, TV, stereo, an' a kitchen... I never get to spend much time in these areas.

Gadzooks of kitchen knives, more Cast Iron than my Suburban could haul, at one time, 3 vintage blenders, 2 50/60s coffee pots, '40's Sunbeam mixer, gazillion Mason jars, vintage dinner ware, an' cutlery, etc. usw.

Lemme put it this way: I'm 55, an' almost everything in my house is older than me...
    An' this is only from a brief glance, around...
    Next to th' (Amazing Ribs) Pit, it is My Happy Place!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 3, 2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Toolbox is running out of room...ok, maybe that never happens.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to say something along the lines of "just wait until your garage is so full of tools that you have no room to set up the tablesaw"!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops, fergot antique radios, lol!

I am glad I come to this forum to check out what is going on several times a week. I just got a kettle a few weeks ago and the SNS with the DnG a few days ago but I never thought about the vortex until reading this, I bought that thing a couple years ago for another grill that I have but I got the large size and it would not fit under the grill grate so I just stuck the thing back and forgot about it. That is until now, I am going to put that thing to use finally! Thanks guys!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a very nice device, I think ya' will find yerself lovin' it, once ya' learn its capabilities! (Many, btw)
      But that's jus' my 2¢ worth.

I grilled some awesome hamburgers tonight with the vortex. 1/2 # patties indirect until about 160 degrees inside temp and then seared with bbq sauce. Perfect and juicy.

Comment

• JoeInTX
      JoeInTX commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds tasty!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here