Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa Corona adptor for Weber kettles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Corona adptor for Weber kettles

This has been popping up in my Facebook feed:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0675.JPG Views:	1 Size:	650.0 KB ID:	286587

(That works out to about $239. Also available is a rotisserie kit, and a pan that sits on the grate to raise and lower the coals relative to the spit.)

On the one hand, this is extremely cool!

On the other hand, if I have a Weber kettle, what will this do for $239? My kettle will already grill stuff just fine.

What say say you all?

Those are really cool. But not for that price. It seems like a lot for an accessory.

Comment

What's weird is that this is meant to emulate a Santa Maria grill. Wonder where they got Corona? Maybe from drinking too many.

Comment

Originally posted by mgaretz View Post
        What's weird is that this is meant to emulate a Santa Maria grill. Wonder where they got Corona? Maybe from drinking too many.
        They also sell Santa Maria grills, and Argentine style grills. BBQ Pit Boys has a strange sense of humor, but their recipes and techniques are pretty good, with a lot going on underneath the fake rustic.

Comment

I think I posted one of those on this site last summer because it showed up on my feed. I believe it was about half that price then but don't quote me on that. I have a Santa Maria grill and love it. For about $50 more you can get a 20" x 30" Santa Maria grill in CA. If I did not have access to one with my MCS that would be a hard thing to pass up on.

Comment

I'm happy with my kettle as is - I don't need that - especially at that price.

Oh wait! I already have the SnS + DnG + temp controller + rotisserie + ss hinge + ss grate + ...

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like you need it! In two years there will be a WiFi device that raises and lowers the Santa Maria handle and you will need that, too.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here