Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indirect cooking--- I bought the gadget for indirect heating. Any thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indirect cooking--- I bought the gadget for indirect heating. Any thoughts??

I forgot to mention that I bought the gadget that will allow me to do indirect heat on the Weber kettle 22 inch. Any hints or tips for using this would be appreciated as well.

Which gadget do you speak of? The Slow n Sear?

Comment

I assume your talking about the SNS.

Make sure that your lid seals well. This will save you a lot of headaches. If it does leak, try using black paper binders to hold the lid tight.

Always make sure your top damper is above your food, and opposite the fire. This will pull the smoke across your food and out the stack.

Get a hinged grate. This makes it easy to add fuel and smoking wood.

Make sure when you are adding water to the reservoir, you use HOT water.

For HI HI temp searing, use a good quality LUMP charcoal. This will make your fire hotter.
      Last edited by Spinaker; February 7, 2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

McDaniel1909, If it's one the gadgets in the Pic's Below You Have Done Good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	272474Click image for larger version

Views:	101
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	272475Click image for larger version

Views:	119
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	272476Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	272481Click image for larger version

Views:	113
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	272479Click image for larger version

Views:	96
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	272480Click image for larger version

Views:	129
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	272477Click image for larger version

Views:	107
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	272478

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed

• Dr ROK
          Dr ROK commented
          Editing a comment
          Where'd ya find the wire shelf system Danjohnston949?

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr ROK, I have had it for Years, I believe it's a Weber Accesory! I'll try to find out for sure and Post it for You!
          HawkerXP, Thanks for the confidence Vote!
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here