Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS griddle pan cheese steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS griddle pan cheese steaks

I haven't ordered my drip pan for the SnS yet but I have to push this recipe. I've worked in my share of steak shops (cheesesteak shops) and the flat top option on the SnS grill pan is exactly what you need to make a perfect cheese steak. For the steak you want sirloin or rib eye. Select will do, no point wasting money on expensive steak just to chop it. Put the steak on a rack in the freezer for twenty minutes or so until near frozen. Then using a knife, mandolin would be best, slice the steak into 1/8 inch slices. Light half a chimney and heat up your SnS flat top (you don't need scorching heat). Pour just a little oil in the middle and throw your steak on. You'll need a nice spatula, longer the better, and just keep scooping the meat and chopping with the side of the spatula. Moving the meat to a new spot each time you scoop, chasing the heat. When you get your pieces as small as you can, and as quick as you can, throw a few cheese slices on top. The meat should be steaming hard and the cheeses will melt near instantly (if the cheese takes a while to melt you need to chop, move, faster). Scoop into an awaiting roll, or bed of lettuce and eat. Once I get my grill pan I'll take pictures, but a flat top like that and a little practice is all you need for perfect Philly style cheese steaks. (Throw in half fried onions, peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms.... )

That sounds really good.

Comment

Looking forward to the pics!

Comment

You're making me hungry!! And I just had dinner........hmmmmm

Comment

I like this idea so much I may do a video of it!

Comment

• Michael Brinton
            Michael Brinton commented
            Editing a comment
            When I watched your cleaning video it reminded me of cheesesteaks. That's exactly how they clean their flat tops. Get real fancy with a small and large spatula and kinda click out a rhythm while chopping. It's fun.

I just noticed that your avatar is garlic. Do you grow your own? What varieties?

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            @Michael Brinton: Agreed; I've grown it for about eight years now. My fave is German Extra Hardy--big and few cloves. I like the HNs even though I live where temps rarely get as low as 20°. SNs--just too many tiny cloves.

• Atalanta
            Atalanta commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you hit the Hudson Valley Garlic festival? I had serious garlic belly at the end of the day. I've grown garlic also, managed to convince my neighbor not to spray by giving him garlic.

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            Atalanta Living in the Great Southwest, the Hudson valley is, alas, a bit too far.

Awww Jeez! Another must-have cooker accessory...

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Garlic? Definitely! My wife used to grow it at our last place. Awesome!

Yes!!!! I can't wait to see you do this. Philly steaks are one of my favorite foods. In the actual city.........Ken's is my go too. Gino's is close though.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I love whiz but when I make some at home I use provolone. Michael Brinton Thanks for posting this. looking forward to seeing your handy work.

• Atalanta
            Atalanta commented
            Editing a comment
            Pat's fan myself. In the burbs, it's Steve's Langhorne.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I LOVE Steve's. They might even be the best. My bro went to school out there.(Philly) So when I would go out to visit. We would always hit the Cheese steak spots.....multiple times. Atalanta

Cheese steaks are a great way to use left over rib roast.

Comment

Cheese steaks are a great way to get Provolone and Steak into the same meal.

Comment

Just bookmarked this page.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here