Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'RillaQue - a True Slow N Sear Competitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'RillaQue - a True Slow N Sear Competitor?

介護施設から訪問介護に転職すると、ベテランヘルパーでさえ最初は戸惑うことがある。利用者宅を訪れてサービスを提供するため臨機応変な対応が求められること、生活援助サービスの対応範囲の線引きが難しいことが主な理由だ。

I'm not sure if this product has been discussed yet. It has some obvious similarities to the SnS. I like that it can be moved about to vary the size of the charcoal area. It looks solidly built with a lot of water capacity. It does stretch all of the way across the kettle so it leaves an opening on each end. So, it's not as protective of radiant heat as the SnS. Also, with the radiant heat bleeding out and that it's not enclosed like the SnS it probably doesn't generate as hot of a sear-zone.

Anyhow, I'm curious to hear some other thoughts. I'm also casting a line for David Parrish because I'm very curious as to what he knows about this product.

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
    http://www.changonbbq.com

I'm not sure if this product has been discussed yet. It has some obvious similarities to the SnS. I like that it can be moved about to vary the size of the charcoal area. It looks solidly built with a lot of water capacity. It does stretch all of the way across the kettle so it leaves an opening on each end. So, it's not as protective of radiant heat as the SnS. Also, with the radiant heat bleeding out and that it's not enclosed like the SnS it probably doesn't generate as hot of a sear-zone.

Anyhow, I'm curious to hear some other thoughts. I'm also casting a line for David Parrish because I'm very curious as to what he knows about this product.
    I've known about this product since its inception. The owner of the company backed the Slow 'N Sear when we were on Kickstarter. I ended up having to cancel our Kickstarter fundraiser because of a conflict I had with my day job at the time. Apparently, the owner of the GQ saw this as an opportunity and created a knockoff of the Slow 'N Sear. It's a design we had actually considered when we were prototyping the Slow 'N Sear, however, the charcoal basket is very important to the overall function and we chose performance/quality over cost savings.

Sure you can move the thing, but you can also move a Slow 'N Sear and just throw the charcoal on the side opposite the basket to get the same result.

Comment

• Abom
      Abom commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds like some ethical challenges weren't met. Disappointing. SnS seems to be a better design in any case.

There was some discussion about it in a thread from a few months ago.

Comment

It doesn't interest me at all!

Comment

Yeah I remember that thread too. I would get a SNS over this any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Sure you can move the thing, but you can also move a Slow 'N Sear and just throw the charcoal on the side opposite the basket to get the same result.

I didn't think about that.

Comment

Don't know I already have the SNS and DNG. I can't see wanting or needing one or these. Besides how can we go against David Parrish

Comment

I'll stick with my proven SnS, thank you.

Comment

For clarity's sake: I have a Slow n Sear and absolutely love it. I even went so far as to post a detailed review at Amazon. Amazon has even sent me questions from potential shoppers about the product. I felt like a BBQ "expert" when answering (even though I'm not). It has significantly improved my enjoyment of kettle-cooking.

Comment

As most Posting or Comenting Here I have a S 'n S in my 22 1/2" Weber! It has done everything that it was advertised to do! I am pleased with both the S 'n S and the Drip & Griddle in my Weber & DigiQ DX-2 Temp Control! Additionally I have a Vortex in My Weber Performer Deluxe! I like the Vortex for Chicken Legs and Thighs (can't afford Wings), I also use the Vortex for Reverse Searing Steak!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	50 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	271124Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	53 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	271125Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	271127Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	271128Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	271126Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	981.4 KB ID:	271131Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	957.8 KB ID:	271132
                  Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here