Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED: KettlePizza Deluxe Kit for 18.5-Inch and 22.5-Inch Kettle Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WANTED: KettlePizza Deluxe Kit for 18.5-Inch and 22.5-Inch Kettle Grills

KettlePizza Deluxe Kit for 18.5-Inch and 22.5-Inch Kettle Grills

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weber-Jumbo-Joe-Kettle-Pizza-300x273.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	26985

Are you looking to get one?

Comment

yes... I am thinking about getting one very seriously! I have always wanted a wood fired pizza oven, this might be a quick substitute

Comment

I do have one. Meathead has a review thats not so good. I'm looking for it now...

its here;

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_gu...zza_tools.html

I dig mine. I have the 22 with a pro kit and did some mod to the top. its fun.

BUT the review is accurate! I cannot disagree with it. Like I said I do have fun with it.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 20, 2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          awesome... thanks!

Nice input Jon

Comment

I have one, really enjoy it and would recommend it. The commentary is correct in that storage is an issue if you are tight for space and it is a single use item. However, in comparison to building a pizza oven (as my dad did) it's a winner. My Dad's dome is so large I swear Coptic Christians are going to start petitioning him to hold services in it.

Plusses:
          It gets to temperature fast. You can cook pizzas in the Neopolitan 4 minute range. The pizzas are outstanding with a good dough.
          It looks really cool! (which is a factor - people feasting with their eyes, and they do get excited. Just makes it more fun).
          It does capture a smokey flavor
          The stone has not cracked (yet!)

Minuses:
          Storage
          Cost

Things to consider: The wooden peel it comes with is too thick for the opening / the narrow edge is a little too blunt to get under the pizza first time every time. It's fine loading the oven, but scooping the pizza out in an art that I only master occasionally. It's worth going to a restaurant supply store and spending $10 on a slim metal peel like Jon's. Keep the wood one for a)making the pizza on and b) serving the pizza on - if its a large pizza.

It only stays in the temperature range of 750+ for 20 minutes tops. Which is fine for 2 to 3 wide pizzas. However, a tribe of children making individual pizzas requires some juggling. I simply lift the whole assembly and hold it to one side while a friend chucks on more wood, but it's not light.

Finally, the really hot temps destroy the food grill grate. I dedicate last year's decommissioned grate to the pizza kettle.

Finally finally, candied jalapeno's are essential for every pizza.
          Last edited by mtford72; October 21, 2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here