Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GrillGrates to the rescue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GrillGrates to the rescue.

I have always struggled to get a nice sear on thin pork chops without over cooking them. The SnS GrillGrates arrived last week and I decided to see how pork chops would do on them last night. I was very pleased I dry brined them for about 4 hours and then marinated two of them in an Italian Vinaigrette. The two in the rear are plain with the marinated pair in front. As you can see, the sear was better on the plain chops and they browned quickly so I wound up closing the top of the kettle and finishing indiredt. Of note is the fact that I had no flareups on the GGs, and flareups are a constant concern over hot coals.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CM7I1124.jpg Views:	1 Size:	463.4 KB ID:	267867
    Last edited by RonB; January 26, 2017, 05:50 PM.

Nice looking well done (not the meat)

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Lookin good! You can always front sear thin chops. Similar to the afterburner method with a thin steak.

Comment

Dude, the griddle side of Grill Grates is the best thing ever. You still get that wonderful grill flavor but the whole surface has that great crunchy seared surface. Screw the grill marks, I like my whole steak to be the grill mark.

Comment

• Medusa
              Medusa commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree! I very rarely use the raised side of the GG's. Really, really enjoy using the griddle side on both the gasser and the kettle. GG's are essential equipment.

Nice job. You're going to really enjoy the SnS and GG's! --Ed

Comment

Yes the no flare up feature is worth it's wait in gold.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here