Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke EZ or Barbecue stacker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke EZ or Barbecue stacker??

Anyone own either of these? Any recommendations? Suggestions?

Thanks

Have you seen the Slow'N Sear? http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...en/slow-n-sear

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Not only have I seen it... I have one!! Got it just in time for TG and did a spatchcock turkey that was amazing.. However, I'm looking to do more than 1-2 racks of ribs on the Weber. Oh and I like toys too..

Hi Timcee I recently purchased the Smoke E-Z for my 26.75" kettle and I also have the SnS. While I love the SnS and I can generally get a good 6 hours out of a load of charcoal burning at 275, I was looking for more cooking space. So went out and bought a 22.5" kettle and had every intention of buying the Smoke E-Z for the 22.5" but my local dealer only had the large one. It was only $30 more than the small one, so what the heck, the wife won't be too upset. In any event, the SnS has now been moved to the 22.5" and I can now get a good 8-10 hours out of a load burning at 275. Unfortunately, I have only been able to have one cook under my belt on the Smoke E-Z, but it was pretty easy to maintain 275 for 8 hours on about 3/4 of a load of charcoal. For versatility and ease of use, not to mention cost savings, I would start out with the SnS. If it is extra real estate you are looking for the Smoke E-Z is the way to go. Unfortunately to gain the extra real estate you have to buy an extra cooking grate. Eventually I will get around to putting Smoke E-Z through the paces and will report back as I go.
    Last edited by Craigar; December 1, 2016, 12:44 PM. Reason: Hit the wrong damn button too soon.

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's exactly what I wanted was more real estate... I have the SNS and got it for TG and it was fantastic.. I thought the Smoke EZ came with a grate.. Thanks for the heads up and for the advice!

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      It comes with a rack that goes up into the lid space. After you buy some hooks you can hang ribs, fish, etc. similar to the PBC.

Did someone say more than 1 or 2 racks of ribs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2594.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	431.8 KB
ID:	245584

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2596.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	420.9 KB
ID:	245583

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      wow that's innovative for sure...I wanted to be able to spray and dust the ribs as I go ..However, you have just proven again what I say all the time "the mind of a man is unattainable" truly no limits.. Thanks for the inspiration.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      They stay a little coiled.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      They all unwind in your belly though!

FYI - The Smoke E-Z for the 26.75" makes it pretty tall for the vertically challenged.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoke E-Z.jpg Views:	2 Size:	524.4 KB ID:	245586
    Last edited by Craigar; December 1, 2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      at 6'3 I think I'll be able to handle it a little bit... :-D

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect for you! At 5'8" it works for me using the the top grate position, I have yet to use the second position but I have the feeling I will be standing on the steps or deck behind the grill in this picture. Ha!

Timcee, Craigar, David Parrish, I have a Smoke-EZE, I purchased for my 22 1/2" Weber, by the Time I Took it Apart, Painted It with High Temp "Green" Paint to Match My Weber, It doen't fit the Kettle as I have it Modified? The reason it doesn't fit is due to the Rack and it's tabs on One Side (Maverick & DigiQ DX-2) the Tabs on the opposite side for the add on Lid Hanger further Prevents the Smoke-EZE from fitting? I either need to Modify the Tabs or have the mating edge of the SE run through a Metal Shrinker it will ruin My Paint? Long Story Short I have Yet to Use It!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a whole lot of work and then no reward?????? So at this point it's a trophy???

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
    Timcee, Craigar, David Parrish, I have a Smoke-EZE, I purchased for my 22 1/2" Weber, by the Time I Took it Apart, Painted It with High Temp "Green" Paint to Match My Weber, It doen't fit the Kettle as I have it Modified? The reason it doesn't fit is due to the Rack and it's tabs on One Side (Maverick & DigiQ DX-2) the Tabs on the opposite side for the add on Lid Hanger further Prevents the Smoke-EZE from fitting? I either need to Modify the Tabs or have the mating edge of the SE run through a Metal Shrinker it will ruin My Paint? Long Story Short I have Yet to Use It! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
    Danjohnston949 you might want to get a 26" kettle. It adds a lot of cooking real estate and works well with the HoverGrill.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      David Parrish, Dave, I would like nothing More tha a 26" Kettle and I actually saw one with a Hovergrill @ Scheel's HDw on Wed! But My Deck is Too Small and My Pocket Book has Shriveled Up!
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Danjohnston949 Just do what I did this fall, build a bigger deck! This will only add to the pocket book shriveling, but I'm still alive to talk about it so it's not all that bad!

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, What in the H--L are you doing Up At This Hour? My Deck is Only 2-Yrs Old, I haven't even got it Stained Yet! I think this Time of Day has a Deleterious Effect on You, Buddy! 🤗😇🤗

The Smoke-EZE looks pretty interesting: it turns your kettle into a Bullet, it seems.

But further: Do you think it would be possible to add hooks, hang the meat, and have it behave like a PBC?

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mosca, Tom it Comes with a Rack for hangers that fits on the top Rack Holders of the Smoke EZ! It extends up into the Weber Lid! I think the New Weber Grate (with hole) will sit under the Rack so longer items can extend through leaving Partial Grate Space?

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
    The Smoke-EZE looks pretty interesting: it turns your kettle into a Bullet, it seems.

But further: Do you think it would be possible to add hooks, hang the meat, and have it behave like a PBC?
    That is my hope is that it will act like a PBC and I should be able to control air flow a little easier.

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Craigar fingers crossed...

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Timcee I am still waiting for the local dealer to make good on his word. I will be paying him a little visit Friday morning. I have feeling I am going to get the cold shoulder again. If so, I will reach out to Smoke E-Z to see if they have heard from the guy.

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Craigar haven't been here in a min bc of house repairs.. Any update?

Timcee I went in a couple of weeks ago since this guy won't reach out to me. He said he had the part in the back and when he came out with it, I told him I had the 26.75" model and not the 22.5" model. So needless to say my patience is wearing pretty thin right now. I made the purchase on November 4th and 4 months later the issue has yet to be resolved. As far as the Smoke E-Z goes, it works as advertised. With the snake method I am getting 6-7 hours running at 275. Now I need to buy a second grate to increase the capacity. I can't comment on using the rack for hanging meat because that is the part I am waiting for to arrive. I have been running with the water bowl dry and wrapped in foil. Once the weather warms up I will probably try using the water bowl as it was intended. I haven't planned my next cook, but I am leaning towards some chuck roasts and see how long I can run at 250. The predrilled port for your temperature probes comes in real handy. I have an iGrill2 and I have used 3 of the probes and there is plenty of room to use the 4th. Would I purchase this rig again? Yes, but I wouldn't go through my local dealer.

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Craigar you must be in the lineage of Job as patient as you are.. :-)

• Craigar
      Craigar commented
      Editing a comment
      Timcee Well another couple of months have passed and still nothing. The local dealer is saying he is getting the runaround so I have reached out to Smoke E-Z and am waiting a reply. My patience has worn very thin at this point.

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Craigar, I have never experienced your level of patience.. You need to write a manual on how to do so...

You could always just buy some aluminum flashing. It comes in rolls of either 10' or 50', and you can get widths up to 24". I'd double the flashing so that it's two layers all the way around for strength. You could use as many grates as you want by drilling holes and using nuts and bolts to hold the grates. A 10' roll that is 12" wide is less than $13, so you could build your own for less than $20 plus the cost of the grates.

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      not much of a handyman.. def a computer nerd so you're talking way over my head ..lol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here