Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle for kettle + sns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle for kettle + sns

Now I might be overthinking things but in my search for a griddle for the searing portion of the SnS I came upon this - https://www.amazon.com/Little-Griddl...ag=amazi0a8-20

Any other pit members own this and have their experience to share? Seems like it might sit over the sear portion better than any cast iron griddle I could find.

Taking any other suggestions too. Thanks!

never tried either but may want to check theses out.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...n-wimpy-burger

Comment

Grill Grates had a sale over the holiday. I emailed them to see of they had anything to place over the SnS at a sale price. Their reply was they had something in the works, and check back in two weeks, (another week from now). So you might want to wait and see what they will come up with.

Comment

• Lowjiber
        Lowjiber commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be watching for that. I just bought my first set for the gas grill and love 'em.

Thanks for the heads-up.

That ballistic griddle is exactly what I'm looking for! Maximum coverage over the SnS and stainless steel. Thanks Powersmoke. I may wait a bit to see what Grill Grates comes out with too.

Comment

Oh, oh, more cool things to add-on ( ballistic griddle, etc., ). Anyhoo, love my GrillGrates for the gasser, and now the kettle! --Ed

Comment

May need to get BF one for Christmas (Ballistic Griddle). We were talking about this last night, he makes awesome skillet burgers and wanted a way to do them on the grill.

Comment

The ballistic Griddle would work but will take up 1/2 the grill so I'm going to wait for the GrillGrates that will specifically fit the SNS.

Comment

Dave now makes a Drip 'N Griddle pan for the kettle grill/ SnS combo.

Comment

• Lowjiber
              Lowjiber commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the tip. I just ordered mine.

Like Huskee Said You can currently buy a Hvy Duty Drip 'n Griddle from www.abcbarbecue.com! I use it over the Charcoal Grate it Helps Deflect the Air Flow from the DigiQ DX-2 Temp Control to the S 'n S! Pic's Below!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	48 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	268803Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	45 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	268804Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	268810Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	4.09 MB ID:	268809Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	268805Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	268808Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	268806Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	268807

Comment

For actual searing I recommend Grill Grates made for the SnS from http://www.abcbarbecue.com. Was a bit of a learning curve for me at first but now I am hooked.

For the griddle I recommend the Drip n Griddle from http://www.abcbarbecue.com. The Drip n Griddle is probably one of the MOST versatile pans I use for BBQ and kitchen. I roast veggies, make bacon, hash browns, cook sliders. It also makes a great serving pan (it has handles) for cold items i.e. oysters, shrimp, antipasta etc.... My guests make positive comments on it all of the time. Not to mention it is heavy duty and looks really cool. Best of all we know Pit Boss made it.

Comment

Thanks Powersmoke_80 for showing my Wimpy burger cook on my Ballistic Griddle. Now I'm hungry again! I love the thing, but honestly to Hardwarehank, I would never use my Ballistic Griddle over my SnS. It just don't need to get that dang hot. Matter of fact, to use it properly don't require much coals. I suppose we need to figure out what your plans are for a flat top. If its sear marks, the Grill Grates are for you. If you are wanting a good flat top for general cooking of burgers, eggs, whatever, then either the Drip n Griddle or the Ballistic Griddle is great! Either of these require little heat really to do their job so for general flattop cooking, I wouldn't put these over a scorching SnS for sure.

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                  Powersmoke_80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looked so good I had too!

I maybe wrong but wouldn't a darker colored griddle produce a nicer looking colored sear like a cast iron one

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here