Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delivery today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery today

And I picked up some bone in rib eyes to use it with on Saturday!

Ps. Not sure why the pic is upside down?

Nice...you will love it

Comment

Ohhhhh yeah! 😎

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! I got two of those things bringing the heat to over 30 pounds of butts right now.

Comment

Make sure you turn it over before you use it.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
            Make sure you turn it over before you use it.
            that'll explain why my beer keeps falling out of my glass!

Comment

Enjoy your SnS Chiefsilverback and post some photos of your steaks so we can drool!

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefsilverback View Post
                Ps. Not sure why the pic is upside down?
                When taking photos some phones, apple included, don't attach "which way is up" info to the photo, so our forum software guesses. You can fix this by using your phone's photo editing software to make a really minor change to the photo. You can crop the photo just a tiny bit, for example. When the editor saves the change to the photo it also attaches the "which way is up" information that our forum software needs.

And hope you like the Slow 'N Sear!

Comment

• Chiefsilverback
                  Chiefsilverback commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Dave, that's useful info.

I cooked some steaks tonight, reverse sear, I couldn't get the temp to dial in at 225, ended up running about 250. I think maybe I should have started with less charcoal burning. I lit twelve per the instructions, but that's for an 8 hour cook?

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
                  Reds Fan 5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My first SnS steak cook I didn't realize there were alternate instructions for steaks/reverse sear. Once @pitboss pointed them out to me, no problem. Follow those and you will be fine. Agree with @pitboss, don't stress over 25 degrees. Kettles tend to run hot. 225-265 or even 275 will be fine.

Check out the steak recipe on the abcbarbecue website. We have instructions specific to steak cooks. 250 F is just fine for RS. Don't stress over 25 degrees.

Comment

I go 200, + or -, for reverse sear. Then approximately eleventy billion for the sear.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here