Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick Tip Top Temp Regulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABCBBQ Dave View Post

Got it. Haven't used it yet. One problem is it doesn't fit over top vents that have the rubber piece, and all of mine have that rubber piece.
    Can't you remove the rubber piece?

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent an email to the TTT people, and they sent me a photo showing how to place it on the vent. It appears that it isn't especially critical to have a perfect seal at the bottom gasket of the unit.. Put the entire tab outside the TTT.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it can be removed but I like having it there.

Where do you get those rubber tab cover things?

Comment

Mosca. Did you ever try the TTT with your Slow N Sear and Weber Kettle? Results?

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        JoeInTX , I never got the TTT to work. I tried it this spring, but I'd lost the instructions and the apparatus looked like an Antikythera device to me. It isn't that hard to hold a temp on a Kettle w/S&S anyhow; I might not go shopping for 4 hours, but I'll step away for an hour without checking.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I checked it out on Amazon and it is now $42.97.

Comment

So I’m on my second cook with one. The first one was a pork loin and this one is a pork butt (going on 3 hours and expecting another 3-5). I read everything I could find about it and basically found that none of those ideas worked for my setup. What sounded like it would work best was to get it to temp with my standard setup for the bottom vent and the top vent (1/2) and then when I hit temp to open the top vent, and put the TT on and adjust it to almost closed...but I found that was putting the fire out even with the TT wide open...

what i found has worked is to set the top vent fully open and set the TT on the kettle with it set wide open, and adjust the bottom vents until I was slightly over temp, then close the TT down.

It’s been holding nicely for almost two hours now. Still more work than what imagine an active controller would be like but it’s +/- 2 degrees once it got stable.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here